Squidly 2.3.20.1 stock squidly and full blur

reyrey2435

Reaction score
any fix on that handcent force close issue????
If you installed using my script it wont work unless you using root explorer go to system mount r/w and install.or just install from the market it will work fine.
everytime i install from market if i reboot or if phone dies when it boots back up again it opens up force closing

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did you ever try the script if so from gscripts remove handcent or terminal handcent- em just to make sure its not in the system/ app folder clear data and you should be good. I constantly use handcent and haven't had one issue.

reyrey2435

Reaction score
Thank you very much squid I just can't stand using stock sms and I hope this fix works

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The first time I installed this ROM, swype was working fine. I changed numbers on the phone so it went through a full restart. I ended up having to SBF and reinstall. Now I can't get Swype to work. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Try clearing swype data but it works definitely.

John Gi

Reaction score
Hey ok just newly rooted here,
I havnt done anything yet as far as using Z4root, to root it of course, I used the titanium backup but I just backuped my apps. 1.) Is that fine?
Nd then I also downloaded rom manager and backuped the clockworkmod. Now what
I wanna get the stock squidly but I'm kinda confused. If I get that rom, what happens?
For example, say I want to unroot it, I would have to do the SBF procces for 2.35. Nd then use Z4root to unroot it right?
Or is it better to get the blurred rom?
Also idont know how to put in those command keys that install and removes the apps ?
*I don't have a computer with internet access*

With the planes on the D2

reyrey2435

Reaction score
phone rebooted and once opened up handcent started force closing again :mad: am i doing something wrong? can any one please help im getting tired of installing uninstalling im running stock squid rom and came from old full blur squid any help would be greatful

reyrey2435

Reaction score
and while looking in root explorer and astro theres no sign of the new handcent being installed on my phone it only shows up in market and manage applications....

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It would be in data/ app com.hancent.nexsms-1.apk fix permissions through clockwork and reboot try that.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Hey ok just newly rooted here,
I havnt done anything yet as far as using Z4root, to root it of course, I used the titanium backup but I just backuped my apps. 1.) Is that fine?
Nd then I also downloaded rom manager and backuped the clockworkmod. Now what
I wanna get the stock squidly but I'm kinda confused. If I get that rom, what happens?
For example, say I want to unroot it, I would have to do the SBF procces for 2.35. Nd then use Z4root to unroot it right?
Or is it better to get the blurred rom?
Also idont know how to put in those command keys that install and removes the apps ?
*I don't have a computer with internet access*

With the planes on the D2

Ok 1st off did you just get your phone since you just rooted if so is it a d2g bc if it is you don't need to be installing the rom bc there's no sbf avalible for the d2g....and if you have the reg. D2 then just download bootstrap from Kouch n the market for $2 and download the (in my oppinion) the full blur to your phone and install that way

Tapping To Talk

cydetrakd

Reaction score
tried out mutilple roms back but i always seem to go back to this amazing rom with the most stability and best speed since its specifically designed for the droid2 one thing i miss is the apex animations how do i add that on top of this rom and will it lower my quadrant score or performance?

Last edited:
OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wait till tonight and you will get what you ask for by script.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
Wait till tonight and you will get what you ask for by script.

you are the man squidly seriously i've been running your rom since i got my d2 over a month ago. I switched to a few roms but 95% of time my phone is rocking your smooth rom and i appreciate the time you put into making our phones better. happy new years squidly.