Squidly 2.3.20.2 Rom

boomer0711

Reaction score
It was a SD card issue. Once I switched back to the original card everything was fine.

g3m1n1

Reaction score
My D2 specs:
Version: 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.us
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P

Rooted: done
Droid2 Bootstrapper: installed
Bootstrapper backup: done

Process:
*I ran a normal Factory Reset first, device was still rooted afterwards so I proceeded with the ROM install
1. copy Squidly2.3.20.2.zip to root of sdcard
2. reboot into Clockworkmod recovery
3. select "mounts and storage"
4. make sure "mount /system" & "mount /data" are shown
5. return to main Clockworkmod menu
6. select "install zip from sdcard"
7. select "choose zip from sdcard"
8. find and select Squidly2.3.20.2.zip, install
9. reboot & wait
10. re-run Bootstrapper Recovery
11. install transitions via Clockworkmod recovery
12. run any scripts for extra/unneeded features, (via Android Terminal Emulator?)

**Update**
Successful install! Looking really good so far. I need to look through GScripts and let the ROM settle in but so far I like what I see. I installed the FlipAndFly transition immediately after installing the ROM, without rebooting first, and it worked nicely.

Last edited:

b4ux1t3

Reaction score
I just wanted to check in with a success story. I'm a huge fan of this ROM so far, though I did just flash it fifteen minutes ago. So far so good! Thanks a lot.

outlaw.99

Reaction score
Did I screw mine up??. I have read almost every post and the thread up top and cant find a specific answer...

Feeling like a Noob, but been away from rooting for a bit... I installed this on my 2.2 R2D2 Droid... Is this a 2.3 based rom or am I letting Squid`s number (2.3.20.2) throw me off?.. Everything seems to be working okay though, but my Android version is still 2.2...

g3m1n1

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain this is a 2.2-based ROM. After installing Squidly my Build Number is "Squidly 2.3.20.2" and my Android version is 2.2. This would be the same as a stock D2 updated via Verizon, except Build Number would not say "Squidly".

There is a guide for getting Gingerbread on a Droid2, however I don't think it works for the D2G or the R2D2.

How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Hope that helps.

lizard

Reaction score
Its normal that your android version is 2.2. I have the latest rom by Squidly and mine is also 2.2.

andrewqueen

Reaction score
Hi does this rom already come overclocked or do I hhave to do it manually?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

KamikazeMatt

Reaction score
i love the rom but ive had one problem, after installing it three times now i still cant connect to the mobile network. it wants to stay in airplane mode, when i switch it off with both the toggle switch and under the wireless network tab in settings it still wont connect? it'll say switching from airplane mode for about a min and then go back to it. any ideas?

edit- this is a d2g

Last edited: