ROM Squidly 2.3.20

want a droid

Reaction score
This rom is absolute blur free right? Like for all the commands I wouldn't need to do remove unless I had installed it first?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It should be blur free so yes the commands are basically just to install anything you want back.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is anybody running this ROM that used z4root?

DroidForums junkie!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am on a D1 but am planning on rooting my girlfriend's D2 shortly and Spaz has great things to say about this ROM. So, if she wants to install (well, get ME to install :) ) a custom ROM, I'll do it. Just wondering if anyone had experience with that combination or not.

^ you ARE running a D2 right? just looking at your sig.

DroidForums junkie!

wmnomore

Reaction score
ok, I haven't used a one-click root yet. You wouldn't think it would matter...may have to wait for Squid.

evilsock

Reaction score
Hey squid, almost every time I click the magnifying glass to google search it let's me type a little then fc. It did this before ur rom so just wondering if there is a fix. Happened on both d2s I have. Same apps on both so am I only one with this issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using your face

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey squid, almost every time I click the magnifying glass to google search it let's me type a little then fc. It did this before ur rom so just wondering if there is a fix. Happened on both d2s I have. Same apps on both so am I only one with this issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using your face

This has been happening to a lot of people lately. Try clearing data/cache for the search app

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Z4root works great. No issues.

fmdroid

Reaction score
Digging this ROM, but having trouble getting my corporate sync with Exchange. Is anyone using it? I wanted to get away from Motorola's busted sync, so its a feature I'm looking for in a ROM.

Reaction score
Hey Squid, I am using your Squidstock.... I am oc at 1.3 with your script.. I have setcpu and droid overclocker installed... I run at 1.3 with no issues... I love it... but being a geek I want it faster..lol... but.. when I try to go to 1.4 or higher it just dies on me...whether i use your script or droid overclocker, what i mean is it just takes several seconds for each click or swipe... sometimes 5 or more seconds to move screens...but if i bring it back to 1.3... it's lightning..
Are all cpus different and my cpu just can't be overclocked that high?...
Also what thread can you recommend I read to learn about zip aligning?

Thanks as usual!!!!

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Digging this ROM, but having trouble getting my corporate sync with Exchange. Is anyone using it? I wanted to get away from Motorola's busted sync, so its a feature I'm looking for in a ROM.
If you are having issue with mail you can add in blur email by the mmsblur -ins script or try k9 email on the market.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Hey Squid, I am using your Squidstock.... I am oc at 1.3 with your script.. I have setcpu and droid overclocker installed... I run at 1.3 with no issues... I love it... but being a geek I want it faster..lol... but.. when I try to go to 1.4 or higher it just dies on me...whether i use your script or droid overclocker, what i mean is it just takes several seconds for each click or swipe... sometimes 5 or more seconds to move screens...but if i bring it back to 1.3... it's lightning..
Are all cpus different and my cpu just can't be overclocked that high?...
Also what thread can you recommend I read to learn about zip aligning?

Thanks as usual!!!!
every phone is different try increasing the voltage go 1 volt at a time on the 1.4 or whatever the highest point is.