Sooo are you happy with your G2????

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If LG is ducking out of the smartphone business then we need to start harassing LG to release their source code. The article says that R&D size should remain the same but this seems to also take all pressure off of them to update the G2 before Samsung and HTC as they don't need to worry about pissing off those of us who took a blind leap of faith. If that's the case then they really need to provide their source.

I swore to myself over the years that I'd never buy a LG phone ever after having to live with the girlfriend's Ally for over a year (looking back it wasn't that bad but lack of RAM crippled it, plus I had the OG Droid and side by side it was all too noticeable). Don't get me wrong the G2 is awesome and I wouldn't return it for anything else at the moment, but I will be upset if we don't get updated binaries or at least the source for it.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I am really surprised I actually bought this phone. LG is one of those companies I don't get a warm fuzzy from. We had the CU500 on AT&T and I will admit that was an awesome phone. My ex had an env and it lasted 3 years. But the env Touch my daughter had was a piece of junk. And then there is their reputation in other areas. But this phone has really impressed me. For them to get out of the smartphone game after releasing such an awesome device is a stupid move. They were lining themselves up to go head to head with Samsung. They made a solid device that is fast as all whatnot with lots of features that appeal to everyone. And they are marketing it very well too.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I must say I'm extremely happy with the G2. I'm recommending it to all my friends.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Loving mine. My wife loves hers too. Didn't think it would come close to the battery life I was getting with my Razr Maxx, but I was wrong... awesome battery life and fantastic performance. Very happy so far.

David

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'm a die-hard Motorola fan and very anti-Samsung.
Amen brother, I'm the exact same way. I can't justify buying a Samsung phone and was big on Motorola for the longest time. But Moto has been a bummer lately and the G2 was looking mighty fine, so I decided to jump ship this time around. And so far, I'm glad I did.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
What type of usage, and battery time are you getting. I'm only getting about 15 hours, not a power user, and trying to use mentioned battery saving tips from this site. Returned mine to Costco. Got another, since I'm on the 14 day trail. See how this one goes.

eshef

Reaction score
You should be getting better than 15 hours if you're not a power user. I generally get 2 days out of it (turning it off at night). I use Battery Doctor and just unplugged it and it says 37 hours. I'm definitely not a heavy user most of the time.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Oh,
I see my problem. I keep mine on at nite, because I use it for an alarm clock. Guess I'll use the clock radio right next to me instead. Thanks for that tip.
Let's see how that changes things. I'm using Snapdragon Battery Guru. It's still in the battery use learning stage.

eshef

Reaction score
Let us know. I'm not a techie, but I wouldn't have thought it would make THAT much difference. I still get about 30 hours of usage or better, it's just spread out a little more...

devdeuce

Reaction score
I would definitely say there is something wrong with your phone or you have a misbehaving app. I'm a fairly heavy user and get two days out of mine fairly easily.

P.s. leaving mine on at night will use 0-3% of battery..

there is no spoon

sertio

Reaction score
Oh,
I see my problem. I keep mine on at nite, because I use it for an alarm clock. Guess I'll use the clock radio right next to me instead. Thanks for that tip.
Let's see how that changes things. I'm using Snapdragon Battery Guru. It's still in the battery use learning stage.

You dont need it to keep it on to use the alarm. Pls explain what you mean. Im a very heavy user and get 1.5 days easily. Best phone I had by far

walkerstempe

Reaction score
View attachment 69465

Well, almost the end of the day for me and my battery. By being on, I meant that the phone was not powered off. I plug it in, for it's recharge overnight. I've just left it powered on by habit. I didn't do anything demanding today. Most demanding was EBay bidding tonight.
Time to go play Battlefield 4 on my PlayStation. New update patch in. Hope it fixes the crashes. See yah all.

devdeuce

Reaction score
View attachment 69468

Haven't had my screen on a bunch today. How much screen on time did you have with that last screen grab? I keep my screen brightness at around 30%. If you don't have allot of on time, something isn't right, if it's been on for a long period of time, not bad.

there is no spoon