Lag on G2

jmanches

Reaction score
For all you guys that have had the g2 from launch... Is it still running smooth? My friend is trying to decide between the moto x or the g2 on sprint. His biggest complaints with his current phone ( galaxy 2) is battery and the lag. I'm sure either phone would be much better than his current ancient phone lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My wife's g2 is still fast and snappy.. She had to do a factory data reset because it developed an odd issue with the display shutting off at odd times.. But that cleared it up..

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
How's the battery? Can she get through the day ok?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. Her battery life rivals mine.. And I use a Droid Maxx.

The g2 has a 3000Mah battery I believe.. The Maxx has a 3500Mah battery..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery life on the G2 is excellent. You could easily get through the day, many go a day and a half.

on the move..

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
Awesome... The droid maxx is the best phone out there, but I'm biased!

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Never tried the Maxx. Had the Maxx HD and it developed lag really bad. No issues with my G2 though.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
The only lag I ever experienced on my G2 was from cloud features. For example Google Hangouts was lagging for me pretty badly at times, but come to find out it was because I had set it to never delete messages. After archiving a couple dozen old conversations it was snappy again.

Battery life is something I could never complain about. Last week I forgot to plug my phone in at night and went 2 full days without charging until 9PM that night. I would have charged my Bionic 4 times for the same use and duration.

rctp10

Reaction score
My wife has a G2. Nice phone. VERY easy to break the screen so beware of that. She is on her 3rd replacement and insurance has canceled there coverage because of it. I do notice some hiccups with the OS but every phone has its own set of fits. I would deffiently go with the G2 over the Moto x just do to overall specs and it being more future proof. If he wants the best phone then my advice would be go with a Note 3. Just my 2 cents.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Honestly how fast a phone is matters a lot to me. This phone is like aspeed of light compared to every other android phone i have ever used. Its very snappy and reacts before you can. This is a true phone. I love the buttons on the back. All my friends love the buttons on the back bc it makes the phone a little thinner. The universal remote or IR blaster is also a great feature.

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
He went with the g2 and is liking it so far. Thanks for input

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2