After over 2 weeks with the M8, I'd like my G2 back

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Newer is not always better. I know that people are in love with the new HTC One (M8), but I can definitively say that I'd rather be using my G2. In fact, I would have already swapped the two out, if the HTC didn't take the nano sim. :mad:

(I think I read somewhere that they don't like comparison threads here so I'll leave the M8 out of this part.)

The G2 has a bigger screen, is a smaller phone, and has a much better camera. It's still snappy for an older phone. (Like, what, 8 months old?)

So, Bring on the G3! I'm sure I'll be switching over as soon as it releases at the VZW store. dancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
The camera is what had me choose my galaxy instead. Sorry you aren't happy. But glad you have it two weeks before posting your feelings. It takes some time to get a true opinion.

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

jspradling7

Reaction score
Newer is not always better. I know that people are in love with the new HTC One (M8), but I can definitively say that I'd rather be using my G2. In fact, I would have already swapped the two out, if the HTC didn't take the nano sim. :mad:

(I think I read somewhere that they don't like comparison threads here so I'll leave the M8 out of this part.)

The G2 has a bigger screen, is a smaller phone, and has a much better camera. It's still snappy for an older phone. (Like, what, 8 months old?)

So, Bring on the G3! I'm sure I'll be switching over as soon as it releases at the VZW store. dancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

I feel just the opposite. My G2's camera sux indoors and the GPS can't lock on unless I'm standing in the middle of a flat prairie without a cloud in the sky. Amazon sells cheap little plastic SIM card adapters that let you swap cards around at will. I use them all the time and they work great.

Amazon.com: MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM card adapter kit (Nano / Micro / Standard): Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I feel just the opposite. My G2's camera sux indoors and the GPS can't lock on unless I'm standing in the middle of a flat prairie without a cloud in the sky. Amazon sells cheap little plastic SIM card adapters that let you swap cards around at will. I use them all the time and they work great.

Amazon.com: MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM card adapter kit (Nano / Micro / Standard): Cell Phones & Accessories
Of course, I can't go from micro to nano with this, but I can always get VZW to give me another nano.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Yep. I've had to do that a couple of times. I switch to the smaller Sims as they come out and use the adapters when needed.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score