New G2 Problems /questions. Lag, reselect car app options?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I just moved from a RAZR MAXX to the G2. I've noticed some oddities.

First I am experiencing some lag when using the G2 Dialer and my Construction Calculator app. There is a hesitation after touching a number, and it takes a moment before the chosen number appears on the screen. In addition, it's even more noticeable if dial pad touch tones are enabled. You can feel the lag before the sound is heard. However, this is not the case when just selecting options.

Question. I use my phone in the car a lot. It is my GPS as well as communication. I am resigned to the fact that with this phone I will never have the ease of use that I had with the Moto RAZR MAXX & Moto car dock. Still, at some point I was able to trigger the car mode on the G2. It gave me the choice of the built in Car mode app or my 3rd party app. I chose the built in. However, this app is horrendous. Anyone know how to trigger the dialogue asking me to choose so I can go back to my 3rd party app?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Go to application manager find car home and push clear defaults button

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Go to application manager find car home and push clear defaults button

The only car app I find is the one I installed. I cannot find LG app any where. This is a Verizon phone.

Edit: Found it. Under ALL apps. Duh.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Which car app you use? I'm really not a fan of LG I would like to customize the music apps

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Which car app you use? I'm really not a fan of LG I would like to customize the music apps

I use Car Home Utlra. Much better than the LG app, but not very pretty. The Motorola app is so much better looking.