Sooo are you happy with your G2????

turbodave

Reaction score

Each of the screen shots you show only shows 2 bars of signal strength. That's where your battery is going. Having a weak cell signal drains batteries WAY faster because of the extra power the phone has to use during handshake signals to the tower. Notice devdeuce's signal strength. Much stronger, and better battery life.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, folks.
I'll drop my brightness from 60% down to 30, use the desk alarm clock, and just deal with weak cell signals, which I never had with my beast Bionic phone. Oh, my screen would be between 6-7 hours, to answer your question. Don't see another phone that matches the g2 specs, and I don't want the phablet type phone.
Loving the 30 second boot up time, also.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
View attachment 69489

View attachment 69488

View attachment 69487

Here's a little update on my g2 battery.

First should be my bedtime stats, before I shut it off and recharge.
Second should be after an hour on this morning stats.
The third one is from a few minutes ago.
Looks like I have to settle for mid twenties, as my average battery use. Can't complain, I guess.
Using the snapdragon battery guru. Data off, gps off. Mostly a social app, internet user, YouTube viewer. Not heavy though, in any of those categories. Great info from you folks. Thanks.

Fastbird

Reaction score
Am I happy? You're darn tootin' I'm happy. Moved over from an HTC Rezound that I'd had since Nov of 2011. Have had my G2 for a week now. Day 1 I rooted, semi-debloated, installed Apex Launcher, and got everything set up nicely.

Say what you will, but with 2.5 hours of screen on time, mucho downloading, app installing, picture moving, an hour or so of talk time, screen brightness at 50%, and just normal for me usage, I knocked down 93 hours and 6 minutes on battery. I'm not a power user so it had a lot of standby time, but that's normal usage for me. Coming from a rezound that wouldn't last a day with the same type of use for me, I'm thrilled. LG has earned a new dedicated customer with this one.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
I'd be happy with half your hours.
I get mid twenties, of battery life, with similar usage.

Tiger

Reaction score
Got my LG G2 2 days ago, what a great phone. Off course, after my 3 year old droid bionic, any phone is probably an improvement. After debating between Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1S, LG G2 and LG G Flex, decided to go with the G2 as I get the better battery life then the 1st 2, not as huge as the Flex, and more screen for my money (and size) compared to Sony. I also had real bad reception in my appartment before, but I though it was strictly due to Verizon service in my unit, since it's in the back of the building. So during the switch, I though I'll try someone else, so I went with T-mobile, which also had the option of calling over the Wi-Fi. Well, I have great reception at home now (not sure if because of new phone, new carrier, or combination of both), and don't have to go outside to talk any more. But since the Wi-Fi calling is still an option, I'm good to go. I'm still trying to discover many new features of the phone. I feel so behind in technology not needing to change my phone (but it was starting to get really slow and freeze up), but I'm very happy so far. Trying to get used to having the power button in the back though or activating by clicking on the screen. I am looking for SmartActions replacement though. I thought it was a Droid thing, didn't know it was exclusive to Motorola.

spurscar

Reaction score
Another former Rezound user - this phone is amazing. Speed, screen, battery life... Best phone out there right now and the S5 specs weren't that amazing so I'm glad I didn't wait.

synctek

Reaction score
Coming from the Droid Bionic (great phone for its time - used for over 3 years!!!). I decided to use the phone for a couple months before posting to really see what it's like. The Jury is out - it's a kick-@$$ phone. Very responsive, gorgeous screen, great battery life, call quality and signal strength is up-to-snuff. Buttons on the back is unique but with "knock-on" I rarely use them. The biggest issue I've had too date is dealing with the size. It's not worlds bigger than the Bionic but it's enough to make me reconsider adding a small gel back cover in addition to the ghost armor for the purposes of a better grip. The weight is actually comparable to the Bionic, its just a bit more work manipulating the drop-down menu. Im on VZ and as of yet still no Kit Kat (running stock Jellybean) but I hear that will be out soon. This would be one of the best phones out if it had a micro-sdcard slot but 32GB is enough for now.

I looked at the Galaxy S4 as a contender. The processor speed sold me as its the snapdragon 800 vs. the 600 in the S4. I want to be able to keep it for awhile and use it to the fullest. The camera - both stills and video is very impressive!!!

synctek

Reaction score
Coming from the Droid Bionic (great phone for its time - used for over 3 years!!!). I decided to use the phone for a couple months before posting to really see what it's like. The Jury is out - it's a kick-@$$ phone. Very responsive, gorgeous screen, great battery life, call quality and signal strength is up-to-snuff. Buttons on the back is unique but with "knock-on" I rarely use them. The biggest issue I've had too date is dealing with the size. It's not worlds bigger than the Bionic but it's enough to make me reconsider adding a small gel back cover in addition to the ghost armor for the purposes of a better grip. The weight is actually comparable to the Bionic, its just a bit more work manipulating the drop-down menu. Im on VZ and as of yet still no Kit Kat (running stock Jellybean) but I hear that will be out soon. This would be one of the best phones out if it had a micro-sdcard slot but 32GB is enough for now.

I looked at the Galaxy S4 as a contender. The processor speed sold me as its the snapdragon 800 vs. the 600 in the S4. I want to be able to keep it for awhile and use it to the fullest. The camera - both stills and video is very impressive!!!

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Coming from the Bionic, also.
Yes, better specs than Bionic, but no match for all the accessories that came with the Bionic. One gripe is that navigation always gives my a GPS lost message while using it, at least once during my city route. That didn't happen with the Bionic. Miss my lapdock.
Doing the OTA update, right now. If GPS improves, I won't have any issues. Still a great phone.

tc1

Reaction score
Traded mine in for the HTC one m8.

I didn't like the back buttons at all and the knock on feature worked 50% of the time.

I too had gps issues.

Plus reception was weak and I hated the speaker

Rhino94

Reaction score
Coming from the Bionic, also.
Yes, better specs than Bionic, but no match for all the accessories that came with the Bionic. One gripe is that navigation always gives my a GPS lost message while using it, at least once during my city route. That didn't happen with the Bionic. Miss my lapdock.
Doing the OTA update, right now. If GPS improves, I won't have any issues. Still a great phone.

I had a droid razr maxx and i miss all the accessories I could buy and Im prob not gonna buy another lg product for a while. I might switch HTC if Samsung doesnt impress me with some new phone accessories or better phone features

coolicool

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
very happy with my G2 D802

Sent from my POMP_C6S using Tapatalk