DIY Repair LG G2 Cracked Screen Successfully

Mattthew

Reaction score
Just so happy I have succeeded to repair my cracked LG G2 screen and want to share with you guys. I got this LG G2 screen replacement with frame after I watched the teardown video. At first, I planed to buy the screen without frame. But after watching the video separating the frame from the screen, I found it's really very difficult for me. So I decided to replace the entire screen with frame, which may be a little more expensive but more safer. And I made it. Of course, if you have repair experience and confidence, you can get the LG G2 screen without frame to save money. Here is the video I followed to change my cracked G2 screen. Hope it also could help you someday. [video=youtube;TERBUMCoGx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERBUMCoGx8[/video]

drunkclever

Reaction score
My son dropped his and was thinking of the same.

But does anyone have a link to a video of putting it back together?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Send it back to LG. They'll fix it for a couple of hundred and it will be brand new. I'm pretty sure they'll warranty it as well and they'll fix anything else they see wrong with it. The screen itself is over a hundred, so you're actually saving money by sending it in when you factor in your time and the repairs that it'll cost you once you damage something else.

My opinion, call LG and at least get a quote to replace the screen.

drunkclever

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them and they said that they could not quote me a price or even a ruff estimate until they have the phone. So yeah... we had an interesting conversation though, we spoke on how the phone was not cheap and I asked if they even did and R&D... then eluded to the fact that its a cheap but expensive phone. I will try to repair it... and if not send it to someone to repair it.

I am do for an upgrade and I believe I will be staying away from phone that have edge to edge screens. Yeah they are big and very nice but, drop it on its side once and its over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I sent mine back, but it was covered under the VZW protection plan. No idea what VZW paid, but I can say that when I got the phone back it was perfect. In fact, better than new. If your contract's up and you're not unlimited and you can still use it, I'd say wait and get a new phone. I'm unlimited, so my phones cost over $500. That's why I pay for the VZW protection plan. You might want to think about adding it to at least your son's phone when you get the new one.