Sooo are you happy with your G2????

Discussion in 'LG G2' started by Garemlin, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Astrix

Astrix Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Cos LG G2 tooooo good :thumbup:

Initially wanted to get myself Note 3 & Wife/Daughter S4 as I can say I lean toward Samsung :p

2 weeks before I bought G2, I played with HTC One, S4, Z1 Honami & Note 3.

I like the G2 screen, camera, size, bezel and bought 1(black) for myself.

After use for a week, the battery life amazing and started to fall in love with this G2 even running unrooted stock (till now No Root No 3rd Party Launcher).

Decided to get for my wife and daughter as to convert them from iFruity. But they lean to toward Samsung as lot of their friends using iFruity and Samsung.

Give them play with my G2 and explain to them. At the end, I managed to convert them from iFruity to G2 by skipping Samsung :p

Now they're very happy with their white G2 :)

There some explaination how I owned 3 G2.

TapaTalking from Republicâ„¢Of Android

2. Oaklands

Oaklands Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. It loosens up

3. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    I do and it works OK. The battery is so big and the fast charger works so well its hard to go to the slow wireless charging. I bought it for the Nexus 7 which gets the wireless charger over night.

If you tether, or do some heavy background processes the phone will actually loose its charge.

4. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Wireless charging works well. I use mine at night as I sleep so it's not really important as I'm sleeping and not using my phone. Btw I have the Samsung charging pad which I bought when I had my S4. I'm much happier with the G2. It is hands down a much better phone......

5. GrumpyOldGeek

GrumpyOldGeek Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I found another little dislike about the G2. I would rather have the phone jack on the top rather than the bottom. Nit picky, I know, it's just a personal preference.

6. GrumpyOldGeek

GrumpyOldGeek Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll answer my own question. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to settle a little "misunderstanding" about my data plan and I saw an LG wireless charger on the shelf and thought, what the heck, this thing was made by the
    same company that made the phone so it must work, right? Even though I still had 64% battery life, I set it on the charger and let it do its thing overnight. I love it! Easy peazy charging.
    My next experiment is to run the battery way down to 20% or less and see how long it takes. Maybe that doesn't matter because I charge my phones while I sleep anyway.
    Speaking of battery life, this thing was 2 full days with above normal usage (I wanted to run it through the mill during my return period) and the battery was still 64%. Gotta love it!

7. CBdubz

CBdubz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    you have to use internet explorer for it to work I think , firefox didnt work for me

8. CBdubz

CBdubz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I switched from the MAXX (Rooted CM 10.2 Rom) to G2 (Stock rom , rooted) and I must say the G2 is a pretty fast phone and the screen and display is stupid nice, so is battery life. But their are some down falls to the G2, 1. being the plastic backing (or I could just be used to the Kevlar backing of the MAXX). 2. the audio speakers internal (phone speakers)and external (headphones)are not that great, my MAXX had better speaker sound, for playing music. Which I listen to a lot being a college student. I also had better Aux input sound on my MAXX than G2.( founded a audio mod hack for the sound to increase tho for the G2) 3. I had the G2 for only a week (no case or screen protector) and already see a dent on the outer basil of the phone ( plastic edge) 4. the double tap doesn't always work the way you want it to work ( Sometimes have to use more force than you think) 5. On the (G2 Verizon) Finding a phone case and screen protector that fits your version is hard to find. 6. If you have unread MMS or SMS it always lets you know in the notification bar ( even if you go to messages and see what the person said. youll have to click it [open full convo] for it to be not in the notification). 7. Some ROMs take away some main key features ( like Knock on and Tv remote). 8. Theirs a GPS location notification in the status bar that doesnt go away even if you turn GPS off. But overall the G2 is a beast smartphone fast as hell and has a nice design to it, no trouble with apps force closing or lag at all. It did take some use to when having to touch the back of the phone to wake it up and turn the vol up and down and also taking screenshot ( down vol and power button) but again it you want a Powerful Smartphone that is God to all smartphone specs ill get the G2. Hope this help man oh and I got my G2 free so I cant complain their lol.

- "U.O.E.N.O."

9. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +403
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    One of your complaints is one of my only few. That is weak speaker output. I think alot of this has to do with the speakers being on the bottom, A few ROMS I have researched address this issue. But I am waiting to see if LG fixes it on their in in a future update. The plastic back of any phone has never run without a case of some sorts. Currently using the Incipio Feather. Screep potector I picked up a

[Pure Crystal] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement...

Fit is pretty accurate but it does leave a slight gap at the bottom. Moot point if you run a TPU case. The only thing I don't like is it is hard to keep clean. If I had it to do again I would have ordered their

[Pure Oleophobic] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - 2 Pack - Premium Japanese Film -...

I use the stock SMS pop up and when I click on it it takes me right to the conversation. Knock on I have trouble with from time to time but it usually only takes one extra try. And I got mine at full retail for $449 so I got a heck of a deal too. This is a beast of a phone and I have had no issues whatsoever.

10. devdeuce

devdeuce Member

Ratings:
    +23
    You can also just swipe the message aside in the pull down menu. Also in the pull down menu is "quick memo", which will take a screen shot. One button easy peezy. The GPS thing confused the hell out of me.

11. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Very happy with my g2. I came from an og razr that was showing its age so this has been a real change. For anyone that's stock rooted, you can run the Xposed framework, G2xposed and GravityBox with UDN lite to modify just about everything cosmetically. [​IMG]

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#95 garywojdan81, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  12. GrumpyOldGeek

GrumpyOldGeek Member

Ratings:
    +3
    How did you do that?

Search tags for this page
diztronic lg g2
droid maxx or lg g2
droid maxx vs lg g2