Sooo are you happy with your G2????

CBdubz

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has got the wireless storage option to work. I have tried entering both addresses but did not work. Not a big deal since I have Wi-Fi Explorer Pro. But would still like to be able to use the included features.

Tap'd from my G2
you have to use internet explorer for it to work I think , firefox didnt work for me

CBdubz

Reaction score
I switched from the MAXX (Rooted CM 10.2 Rom) to G2 (Stock rom , rooted) and I must say the G2 is a pretty fast phone and the screen and display is stupid nice, so is battery life. But their are some down falls to the G2, 1. being the plastic backing (or I could just be used to the Kevlar backing of the MAXX). 2. the audio speakers internal (phone speakers)and external (headphones)are not that great, my MAXX had better speaker sound, for playing music. Which I listen to a lot being a college student. I also had better Aux input sound on my MAXX than G2.( founded a audio mod hack for the sound to increase tho for the G2) 3. I had the G2 for only a week (no case or screen protector) and already see a dent on the outer basil of the phone ( plastic edge) 4. the double tap doesn't always work the way you want it to work ( Sometimes have to use more force than you think) 5. On the (G2 Verizon) Finding a phone case and screen protector that fits your version is hard to find. 6. If you have unread MMS or SMS it always lets you know in the notification bar ( even if you go to messages and see what the person said. youll have to click it [open full convo] for it to be not in the notification). 7. Some ROMs take away some main key features ( like Knock on and Tv remote). 8. Theirs a GPS location notification in the status bar that doesnt go away even if you turn GPS off. But overall the G2 is a beast smartphone fast as hell and has a nice design to it, no trouble with apps force closing or lag at all. It did take some use to when having to touch the back of the phone to wake it up and turn the vol up and down and also taking screenshot ( down vol and power button) but again it you want a Powerful Smartphone that is God to all smartphone specs ill get the G2. Hope this help man oh and I got my G2 free so I cant complain their lol.

- "U.O.E.N.O."

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I switched from the MAXX (Rooted CM 10.2 Rom) to G2 (Stock rom , rooted) and I must say the G2 is a pretty fast phone and the screen and display is stupid nice, so is battery life. But their are some down falls to the G2, 1. being the plastic backing (or I could just be used to the Kevlar backing of the MAXX). 2. the audio speakers internal (phone speakers)and external (headphones)are not that great, my MAXX had better speaker sound, for playing music. Which I listen to a lot being a college student. I also had better Aux input sound on my MAXX than G2.( founded a audio mod hack for the sound to increase tho for the G2) 3. I had the G2 for only a week (no case or screen protector) and already see a dent on the outer basil of the phone ( plastic edge) 4. the double tap doesn't always work the way you want it to work ( Sometimes have to use more force than you think) 5. On the (G2 Verizon) Finding a phone case and screen protector that fits your version is hard to find. 6. If you have unread MMS or SMS it always lets you know in the notification bar ( even if you go to messages and see what the person said. youll have to click it [open full convo] for it to be not in the notification). 7. Some ROMs take away some main key features ( like Knock on and Tv remote). 8. Theirs a GPS location notification in the status bar that doesnt go away even if you turn GPS off. But overall the G2 is a beast smartphone fast as hell and has a nice design to it, no trouble with apps force closing or lag at all. It did take some use to when having to touch the back of the phone to wake it up and turn the vol up and down and also taking screenshot ( down vol and power button) but again it you want a Powerful Smartphone that is God to all smartphone specs ill get the G2. Hope this help man oh and I got my G2 free so I cant complain their lol.

- "U.O.E.N.O."

One of your complaints is one of my only few. That is weak speaker output. I think alot of this has to do with the speakers being on the bottom, A few ROMS I have researched address this issue. But I am waiting to see if LG fixes it on their in in a future update. The plastic back of any phone has never run without a case of some sorts. Currently using the Incipio Feather. Screep potector I picked up a

[Pure Crystal] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement...

Fit is pretty accurate but it does leave a slight gap at the bottom. Moot point if you run a TPU case. The only thing I don't like is it is hard to keep clean. If I had it to do again I would have ordered their

[Pure Oleophobic] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - 2 Pack - Premium Japanese Film -...

I use the stock SMS pop up and when I click on it it takes me right to the conversation. Knock on I have trouble with from time to time but it usually only takes one extra try. And I got mine at full retail for $449 so I got a heck of a deal too. This is a beast of a phone and I have had no issues whatsoever.

devdeuce

Reaction score
You can also just swipe the message aside in the pull down menu. Also in the pull down menu is "quick memo", which will take a screen shot. One button easy peezy. The GPS thing confused the hell out of me.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Very happy with my g2. I came from an og razr that was showing its age so this has been a real change. For anyone that's stock rooted, you can run the Xposed framework, G2xposed and GravityBox with UDN lite to modify just about everything cosmetically.
ujy4u4y9.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
How did you do that?

Open quick menu from the toggles. The second icon from the left toggles from paper to your screen. Click to your screen and then click save and then to gallery. Cool thing it takes the screenshot without the bottom soft buttons.

Last edited:
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Screen shot taken with quick memo.
byqeny6a.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G2

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Screen shot taken the normal way. See when taken the normal way the soft buttons are visible.
ajyga7ut.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G2

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
LG G2 and G Flex will be the last flagship :confused:

http://english.etnews.com/device/2869755_1304.html

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

Wow and it looked like they were on to something good. Guess that means the Nexus line will go back to Samsung. Ugh!!! Unless we will finally see a Motorola Nexus. A 5.2" version of the Moto X as a Nexus and I am all in.

Tap'd from my LG G2

eshef

Reaction score
Damn! "greatly reduce the support organization" Doesn't sound very good :frown:

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Wow and it looked like they were on to something good. Guess that means the Nexus line will go back to Samsung. Ugh!!! Unless we will finally see a Motorola Nexus. A 5.2" version of the Moto X as a Nexus and I am all in.

Tap'd from my LG G2

That's to bad.... I was look

acousticshade

Reaction score
That's to bad..... I was looking forward to see LG give Samsung some competition in the future...... Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I'm still happy with my first LG phone I've ever owned.

Yeah, same here. Best phone I've ever owned hands down & now it sounds like they are giving up the ship. Talk about bad timing. Several great devices in a row has totally positioned them to take on Sammy.