So if we pre-ordered this phone

urklegrue

Reaction score
And kept the unlimited plan when selecting it, do we actually get to keep the unlimited plan when it gets here after June 28, or will it force us to choose a shared plan upon activation?

Our bill would go up at least $40 if forced into one of the new plans.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
If you preorder the phone you will have to agree to a new contract. As long as you do that before the 28th of June you will have unlimited data at least for the next 2 years. Once you are in a contract they can not break it. After that you will have to pay full price for a phone to keep unlimited data. How much data do you use a month?

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
Let me clarify - I did pre-order the phone, and when I did so I agreed to keep the unlimited plan of yesteryear. However, the phone will not arrive until after the 28th. So I am assuming that they will honor that button I clicked saying I wanted to keep my unlimited, even though I won't activate the phone until July whenever?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Your new contract start the day you ordered the phone. they can not break the agreement you will have at least two more years of unlimited data. after the 28th you will have to buy phones at full price to keep unlimited data as long as you do not agree to sign a new contract for shared data they can not take your unlimited data away.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
If you like new phones the new shared data plan will actually benefit you. People will pay a lot more for a phone that they do not have to sign a new contract for. So 3 months after you get your SG3 and the next must have phone comes out you will be able to sell it for a lot more than you would have before. If you play your cards right you will have to pay very little to nothing at all for your new phones without signing a new contract and keeping your unlimited data for as long as possible