The Galaxy S3 Pre-Order Thread

huskur

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 7-6 (paid outright for it to keep my unlimited) and received it today 7-10. I will charge it in the morning and activate it tomorrow.

Then the duel begins Razr Maxx VS. Samsung Galaxy SIII. The loser gets sold!!

zacedward

Reaction score
huskur said:
Ordered mine on 7-6 (paid outright for it to keep my unlimited) and received it today 7-10. I will charge it in the morning and activate it tomorrow.

Nice that's not what I'm looking forward to is to pay outright congrats

huskur

Reaction score
huskur said:

Nice that's not what I'm looking forward to is to pay outright congrats

The only reason I paid outright was to keep my unlimited and I know that I have a Razr Maxx that is highly sought after and I can sell with my accessories for over $500. This thing is like new with all accessories. So I paid $650 for the SG3 and $500 return on my Maxx, so basically I will only pay $150 out of pocket.

bgroll

Reaction score
I pre-ordered my phone at Best Buy on the 6th, first day they were taking orders. After trying to get an answer from ANYONE on how that would play out with keeping my current unlimited plan, I decided to order one online through Verizon too. Ordered it on the 26th through Verizon, received it today. :icon_ banana:

Still haven't heard anything from Best Buy.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I pre-ordered my phone at Best Buy on the 6th, first day they were taking orders. After trying to get an answer from ANYONE on how that would play out with keeping my current unlimited plan, I decided to order one online through Verizon too. Ordered it on the 26th through Verizon, received it today. :icon_ banana:

Good thing you went through Verizon, because you would have lost unlimited with Best Buy.

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
I pre-ordered my phone at Best Buy on the 6th, first day they were taking orders. After trying to get an answer from ANYONE on how that would play out with keeping my current unlimited plan, I decided to order one online through Verizon too. Ordered it on the 26th through Verizon, received it today.

Same here, Ordered it on the 26th through Verizon, received it today. July 10.

sharppoint

Reaction score
Same here, Ordered it on the 26th through Verizon, received it today. July 10.

i pre order mine galaxy s3 on june 8 and now is july 11, i still have not receive it yet. verizon email me and said that my order is on hold, i call the internet order line and the rep told me that they was not able to charge my credit card. then i told the rep to charge my verizon account, then the rep reply that don't work either. now the rep forward my pre order over to there IT depart for further process. the customer rep told me this issue is do the unlimited data plan that i selected during the the pre order. this is just b*******s and my contract end on 7/15/12. if they don't get this issue resolve and i end up loosing my unlimited data. i am just going to drop verizon and get some other carrier.

Beka27

Reaction score
i pre order mine galaxy s3 on june 8 and now is july 11, i still have not receive it yet. verizon email me and said that my order is on hold, i call the internet order line and the rep told me that they was not able to charge my credit card. then i told the rep to charge my verizon account, then the rep reply that don't work either. now the rep forward my pre order over to there IT depart for further process. the customer rep told me this issue is do the unlimited data plan that i selected during the the pre order. this is just b*******s and my contract end on 7/15/12. if they don't get this issue resolve and i end up loosing my unlimited data. i am just going to drop verizon and get some other carrier.

Some people were having issues with their card company denying the online charge. Have you called them (the card company) and asked what the issue is?

sharppoint

Reaction score
Some people were having issues with their card company denying the online charge. Have you called them (the card company) and asked what the issue is?

i talk to verizon rep over the phone and they were not able to charge it to my verizon account or my credit card. they said that there is something wrong on there part and they are not able to process the order. now i have to wait for their IT department to figure it out. i pre order mine white 16gb galaxy s3 for $99, i don't know if that has to do anything with it.

vcarterm16

Reaction score
HI,
I have an unlimited Verizon data plan and put the galaxys3 on preorder. I just learned that they will ship with a locked bootloader!. This may make the unlimited data much less valuable! I had intended to use easy tether , to hard tether to my lap top (without the need to root the phone).... has anyone tried this? I have buyers regret already, please advise!!! I'm tempted to cancel the preorder due to the very high restocking fee ($70!). If I knew for a fact that easy-tether would work I would feel much better about my expensive pre-order.
thanks for your support,
Vickie
PS, you can tell I'm new and not android savy. I hate the thought of having to root a brand new phone and risk ruining it. Not to mention that It might be impossible to root anyway (as least for me).

imp3r10

Reaction score
vcarterm16 said:
HI,
I have an unlimited Verizon data plan and put the galaxys3 on preorder. I just learned that they will ship with a locked bootloader!. This may make the unlimited data much less valuable! I had intended to use easy tether , to hard tether to my lap top (without the need to root the phone).... has anyone tried this? I have buyers regret already, please advise!!! I'm tempted to cancel the preorder due to the very high restocking fee ($70!). If I knew for a fact that easy-tether would work I would feel much better about my expensive pre-order.
thanks for your support,
Vickie
PS, you can tell I'm new and not android savy. I hate the thought of having to root a brand new phone and risk ruining it. Not to mention that It might be impossible to root anyway (as least for me).

If you aren't android savvy then a locked boot loader doesn't mean anything to you