The official "I've pre-ordered the Galaxy S4" thread!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally the day is almost here! Tomorrow, (April 25th) Verizon will open pre-orders up for the Galaxy S4. Let us know once your officially on the S4 pre-order list dancedroid

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've officially pre-ordered mine. Well, that depends on in what context you use "officially".

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Finaly? Theres still more than a month to wait

Rise Phoenix Rise

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finaly? Theres still more than a month to wait

Rise Phoenix Rise

That is to hit the retail stores (maybe sooner). The pre-orders start tomorrow, and I would suspect that the first SGS4s will be in-hand within two weeks. It will take longer to get stock to stores.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
To preorder wat information did u have to provide? And did u have to pay anything? Never preorderd a phone b4

Rise Phoenix Rise

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
From past experiences I am terrified by smartphone preorders.

Statistically, it seems at least 7 out of every 10 phones have MASSIVE problems upon release that do nothing but lead to bad reviews and disappointed buyers. From Android to Apple to Windows and Blackberry.....I've just had my heart broken too many times. I say this only as a cautionary tale. Maybe the S4 will be the first phone in years to have a flawless release.

...but probably not. So as I suggested in another thread it's probably best to wait 4-5 months before purchase. Of course it's your money and will be a killer phone, just speaking from multiple personal experiences. And what I've read/heard from others. And look at my list, you'll see I DID INDEED have a Bionic that I got on day 1.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Thanks yeah il wait until its in stores atleast. Good honest opinion

Rise Phoenix Rise

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Basically, you login to your Verizon online account and select upgrade. It will give you an option to select the SGS4 after 8AM EST tomorrow. Once you add it to the cart you can pay for it. The base price is $249, and you have to put it on a credit card. You can't bill pre-orders to your account.

To preorder wat information did u have to provide? And did u have to pay anything? Never preorderd a phone b4

Rise Phoenix Rise

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Thanks i think il wait..... And how do u have the s4 already?

Rise Phoenix Rise

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was just laying on my desk when I came to work like three weeks ago. I thought it was odd too, but hey, who am I to question the phone gods?

Thanks i think il wait..... And how do u have the s4 already?

Rise Phoenix Rise

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon's official answer on when the SGS4 will be delivered:

OK, I just talked to the sales channel and their official answer was that the global launch date for all channels is May 30. So, if you pre-order today your phone should ship on May 28th. Basically, it's a little over a month before VZW customers will have the device in-hand, no matter how you go about getting it. I know that's not what everyone wants to hear, sorry! :(

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, I just pre ordered another one. lol also, if anyone is curious they are actually only charging the $199 plus the upgrade fee. Not the $249. I just pre-ordered the frost white one for my little sister.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Dam ur lucky lets see if i still have cash saves up in a month

Rise Phoenix Rise