★ The Official "I got my Galaxy S4" thread ★

rc19unc

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday and enjoying it thus far. Although, it would be great to disable a lot of the extra sounds in the camera and he synced Picasa pictures in my gallery (currently researching however.

JArmandB

Reaction score
The wife and I just upgraded ours from the Razr. We lost unlimited data, but we weren't using that much anyway and now our bill is actually smaller. The upgrade fee does suck though. I'm pretty happy so far, but my god the bloat. I think I'll be rooting and de-bloating soon.

jkinsey435

Reaction score
Just traded in my Droid X for the S4. Got talked into purchasing a Mophie on-phone battery charger. Did I get taken? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get apps installed on this phone. Every time I go to the Play store it just thinks and thinks. I want to get my social networking apps (Facebook, twitter) installed but I cannot figure this thing out. Is it best to do this via WiFi? Shouldn't I be able to do it regardless? Next I'll go check out the battery thread. Seems like the battery is getting sucked out.

Filosophic1

Reaction score
Just got my S4 the other day...had to buy it outright to keep my unlimited data with Verizon. This phone rocks in comparison to my Razr Maxx. Loving it so far!

ChaserChick87

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Traded my RAZR yesterday evening for an S4. No complaints from me so far! Got an Otter Box for it, and the only thing I would have to say about it is...they are dang hard to get off if you need to pull the battery. Other than that...I'm completely in love with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

drivinfocused

Reaction score
Just picked mine up on friday. haven't been able to play with it much as i was in a crawl space and attic all day saturday. and worked all day saturday. Came from the razr maxx. loving it so far, but not the battery. lookign to learn a lot about the s4 since ive been with a moto for like the last 4 years.

ric5141

Reaction score
Late to the party but sure it will be fun. Finally left my Droid Bionic and moved to Samsung S4. I liek staying at the prior versions as the cost factor is way lower. So far loving it

MrTommy

Reaction score
I see a couple other people just NOW got their S4's too. We 'upgraded' from our Razr Maxx's because they were just getting too bogged down and slow. No software updates either. We bought the S4's outright because we're keeping our unlimited data plans on Verizon. We DO use a lot of data when out on the road in our RV. We use FoxFi to create a hot spot for our laptop, our iPads, and of course, our phones.

I really like the S4. I like some of the new features we didn't have on the Razr's, and since the phones are brand new, and new to US, it's fun to get them set up to our liking. It seems to do everything faster, from booting up, checking email, Facebook, texting, taking pictures, everything. Even though a couple friends mock us for 'moving over' (not up) to old technology, we are totally satisfied with the phones. Wifey had to take hers back to Best Buy the next day because she was introduced to the evil "battery won't charge" syndrome that we read about in various forums. She got another with (as expected) no problem.

So far, so good. :D

Maybe we'll 'upgrade' to an S5 once the S7 or S8 come out - and we can afford it . . . . .

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The s4 is a great phone and it got better with the Lollipop update imo. My phone feels fast, doesn't lag, and everything is about as smooth as can be (I did turn off animations though). Even so, it's snappier than KitKat ever was. Lollipop with Power Saving on feels snappier than KitKat with power saver off ever did.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes, the S4 is a great phone. I loved it when I had it and I kept mine for about 2 years.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Have to agree
the S4 is just right for me.
Verizon lately offered update
to S6, but hesitate the move.

I like having access into back of phone for battery & card's.