signal issues

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
my fiance's pantec breakout has 4g while my nexus has 3g.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
will a certified premium retailer be able to swap out or do I have to travel 25 miles to the verizon store?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'd contact VZW. Maybe they could send you a phone then you send yours back, all through the mail. That way you're not without a phone.

Also, have you tried updating the PRL? You'd dial *22899 to do so. Don't know if it would help a newly activated phone or not. Just a thought

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
can you update the prl? So can a premium retailer exchange it or just the verizon store? Also why would my fiance's pantec get 4g and my nexus only 3g? Should I have gotten the s3? Is this a problem that can't be fixed on the nexus?

big al

Reaction score
if you wait they will give you a refurb. if you do it now you will get a new replacement

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
the question is will the new phone improve 4g reception here?

big al

Reaction score
until you try who knows. many have replaced their devices ans seen huge improvements. dont wait. your clock is ticking. if the new one sucks and you still dont like it you can get something else.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Can i go to a store, premium retailer or have to do it over phone?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
oh another thing. If the reception doesn't get better what will they do? I just bought the phone thursday and activated it yesterday (tuesday).

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh another thing. If the reception doesn't get better what will they do? I just bought the phone thursday and activated it yesterday (tuesday).

I would think they would offer you a different brand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what would they offer me? Would it be free or would I have to pay more?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
will the signal improve more over time with radio updates or is as good as it gets? Are there any radio updates coming soon?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
My signal improved with newer radios. And since you have a Nexus, there will always be updates on the way. It's just a matter of when & if they will work for everyone.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

KeepItReal

Reaction score
If you are having issues with a phone right out of the box, do not rely on Rom's to cure you. If the signal is weak now, you may have one of those marginal phones. Return it for another. If you like or want the Nexus, go through as many as you need to get one that works well. I updated to Jellybean and my phone went to hell. Got a replacement and its much better. I have seen people go through 3 or more replacements before getting one that works well! Each time you take it into Verizon to get issues replaced, make them remark the account. Get an insurance brochure and call the 800 in the brochure for Warranty support (not Assurion) abs tell them you have been troubleshooting already and send you a replacement.