signal is weak with my GN

kunzy

Reaction score
I've had this bad boy about 3/4 days now. Coming from DX. My signal at home and work was sub par. As time went on signal at work got better with the DX. Now with the GN I'm back to a little below sub par. I get two 3g bars than drop to none. Was roaming in a 4g area wasn't even getting 4g....wife got the D4 and has told me how great her signal is. Shes been getting 4g in 4g areas. Like the DX will this thing get better? And what is all this radio talk?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Unfortunately, the 4.0.2 Radios that came with the Galaxy Nexus were garbage. If you want to root your phone, then you can install the newest "leaked" 4.0.4 radios which, in my experiences, have been better all the way around. Other benefits of rooting would be not having to wait for VZW to release updates. You can install (flash) them from our great Android developer community. For example, VZW has only updated our Galaxy Nexus' to 4.0.2. The most current version of Android is 4.0.4.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Indeed the 4.0.2 radios are weak. I recently upgraded to the 4.0.4 radios and I'm getting signal in places I never really got good signal before. The official OTA seems to be ready, especially with Sprint's version releasing with them, Verizon may just be holding it back.

OP
K

kunzy

Reaction score
great so i get to wait on verizon yet again. waited for the GN to go on sale from release date and its still sitting at 299. amazonwireless had it for 149, there going to work themselves right out of business over time by forcing people away, just wish we had somebody close enough with area coverage to do that.