signal issues

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I really want to keep it but I'm hardly getting any 4g signal in town where with my thunderbolt I got 4g all over town.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I really want to keep it but I'm hardly getting any 4g signal in town where with my thunderbolt I got 4g all over town.

Have you tried exchanging your device? As mentioned, there have been numerous folks that have had to go through a couple (or more) devices in their search for a good Nexus.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
if only i lived closer to a flagship store. The nearest flagship store is 30 miles away. All I have around here are premium retailers.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you haven't yet, call VZW & talk with them. They Might be able to send you a replacement through the mail. That's how I get my phones sent to me.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
they said there is nothing they can do about the signal. they said it was one of the flaws of the phone and put in a trouble ticket.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
they said there is nothing they can do about the signal. they said it was one of the flaws of the phone and put in a trouble ticket.

They have to make this good for you. If it were me, I'd tell them I wanted to try a replacement Gnex and if that one does the same thing I would want them to provide me a different model of equal price.

Good luck.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
problem is I only paid $50 for the gnex through verizon. There aren't too many decent models that are $50.

mattjenn

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
problem is I only paid $50 for the gnex through verizon. There aren't too many decent models that are $50.

If its got a warranty I would insist they send you another one and if it continues they need to replace it with a equal model as far as specs not price. Although if you go by retail price they are almost all the same but I bet it just has defective radios it happens all the time more then people think. Good luck getting it fixed

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
is it normal for the phone to get warm round the camera? Like the whole top back and front gets warm. I was just wondering if it will crak the glass.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
is it normal for the phone to get warm round the camera? Like the whole top back and front gets warm. I was just wondering if it will crak the glass.

Yes. That's where the CPU is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
so its normal for it to get hot there? The extended battery they sent me didn't help much. Maybe added an hour or two but I unplugged it at 720 and it is showing red now been showing red for about an hour.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
so its normal for it to get hot there? The extended battery they sent me didn't help much. Maybe added an hour or two but I unplugged it at 720 and it is showing red now been showing red for about an hour.

Yes its normal...and the extended battery won't add too much. Its only an increase of 250 mAh.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

As far as your battery life, this is a really really hard thing to judge between two different people. There are so many factors that come into play concerning battery life, many of which will differ from person to person. Screen on time, brightness, radios used, signal strength (this could be a big one for you), apps running, stuff synchronizing, settings, usage pattern.....I could go on and on. If you use the device a lot, there may not be a lot that is going to save your device's battery. Theoretically though, you should be able to at least get similar battery life as you did with your T-bolt.

If I were in your shoes, my first goal would be to get the signal issues under control. Then, perhaps your battery will get better when your device isn't struggling for signal. If not, I am sure we can help you figure out where the drain is coming from.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
3g is coming through fine. Just 4g is spotty. Where is the best place to get a battery? They sent me the extended for free because of issues with my original battery.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
3g is coming through fine. Just 4g is spotty. Where is the best place to get a battery? They sent me the extended for free because of issues with my original battery.

Define spotty. Are you dropping 4G? Not picking up 4G much at all?