Should I buy a new Droid now?

mellamohoracio

Reaction score
hey im new to this forum and want to say hi.
most importantly, my plan ended last week and im able to get a new phone.
i really want the droid x but i dont know if i should wait for something better to come out.

what should i do?

idk if this the right forum but what the heck

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
hi and welcome to the forums,i can say this if there is a phone that is coming out soon that you would like, i would wait instead of getting stuck on a year or two year contract on the other hand you will not go wrong if you upgrade your phone and get a DX it is a good phone but then again its all up to you. i recently upgraded my self and have had the DX for about a month and everyday im on my phone and learning something new about it. plus now is a good time to get a phone cause of the holidays, theres alot of special out there just shop around. try the phone out and if you dont like it withing just return it and get another one just as long as its within 30 days. good luck and hope this helped out in some way.

chadwick108

Reaction score
New phone

It really depends on what you would like to do with your phone...are you wanting to root and get full capabilities of overclocking and wireless tethering? I have D1 and am still loving it. due for an upgrade though but I will probably wait on the droid terminator that's what I am looking forward to something with LTE capabilities and wireless n and a ridiculous processor. I will prob end up keeping my D1 even after and then go from there. The way I see it there will always be something better.

John18

Reaction score
wait until January or feb. motorolla is gonna release a new phone and also the incredible hd. i'm gonna wait. i could also upgrade now if i wanted too.

harrellj

Reaction score
I'd say wait. For one thing, LTE (4G) is supposed to be rolling out shortly on Verizon's network and the first phones capable of taking advantage of that speed won't be released until Spring. Get a new phone then if you can wait that long.

dmo580

Reaction score
I'd say wait. For one thing, LTE (4G) is supposed to be rolling out shortly on Verizon's network and the first phones capable of taking advantage of that speed won't be released until Spring. Get a new phone then if you can wait that long.

LTE is overrated. It'll be a limited deployment and don't count on it unless you're in one of the top metro areas. Maybe in 2012 it'll be a lot bigger. Remember how long it took til 3G phones were the standard. Rollout has been happening years ago.

fis

Reaction score
It's a definite trap. If you are always worried about what's going to come next, then you will have non-stop cell phone anxiety and never buy a new phone. There's always something better around the corner.

I don't know your financial limitations, but you also must consider that the new LTE phones will not be cheap, and I would not be surprised if Verizon charges more for the rate plans as well.

By contrast, it's Black Friday weekend, and you can get deals now on the current crop of phones including the Droid X. In fact, if you're setting up a new account, you can get it free with free activation.

motormadness

Reaction score
It's going to take a while for 4g to be widespread. I'd get an X now. That way in 20 months you'll then be able to get a nice 4g phone when there is better 4g coverage. By 2013 the 4g network is supposed to cover the current 3g network.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kenbiz

Reaction score
The way a lot of people talk on this site all the current phones are at the end of the life.. SOOO many people here think that the og Droid n the fasinate are the only phones worth having.. I disagree with all that b.s. like a lot of people said these lte phones will take a while to be main stream. The x is a good phone. Id get one of the phones that are out now.