Buy Droid Now or Wait?

LordKastle

Reaction score
There is no confirmed report of a Verizon Apple phone..its rumored and rumors have flown around for years. First it was going to be an iPhone..then a mini iPhone but not as full-featured...then an iPhone again in the summer months.

One thing I know is that it won't be in the summer and you can check back here for proof later. Earliest it would be is fall.

And like I said in my previous post..who knows if by that point 4g generation phones won't be slated to compete with an iPhone Verizon phone. Apple has continuously said it wants to exclude Flash and Adobe from their marketplace and regulate their own software.

So we can talk about an Apple Verizon phone but its like looking in to a crystal ball. No one knows if it will for sure happen and no one knows what the competitor companies are working on.

Get your Droid now and when you see what is available in 10-15 months then if you want a 4g phone, make your decision with confidence. (Not off of a rumor in December about a launch date that will surely be pushed back.)

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new iPhone is june/july.... will they just append another letter to the name? (i.e. 3g, 3gs)
Not like the phone made any major changes when 3gs was released. I don't see Apple changing their design or functionality much as it's been successful....

Android devices will continue to catch up.

brindanoize

Reaction score
-Well, the new iPhone is due in June or July, and it's a pretty safe bet it will have to trump the current Droid.

In who's opinion?
-It's just common sense. Historically the iPhone always evolves with its next iteration and that's when they were unchallenged. It would be foolish to think after the beating they're taking from the droid's features, that they wouldn't be hard at work to come up with new functionality that puts them back on top. Otherwise they're done. Necessity's the mother of invention.

At the very least multi app support is a must...and can't wait to see what else they got up their sleeve, 'cause then the next droid will trump that and us consumers end up winning.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
i feel you but its always like that but the droid is worth the shot and is the only android running 2.0. the xperian wont ship with 2.0 and the racheal ui looks slick but may not be and no telling when itll hit the us. and for me a physical keyboard is a must i text hella fast lol

Skizz135

Reaction score
To all those people worrying about buying a new phone or waiting until something better . . . lets be realistic here. The Droid is an excellent phone. In fact, it is actually the first and only phone that has lived up the the pre-release hype of a possible iPhone killer. All other phones that received such hyped were quickly dismissed within a week of their release.

With that said, sure there is always the risk that something better may come out. But how much better can a new phone be in the short-term?? I mean if anything, the advantages will probably be minimal and/or trade-offs to what already exist. Its not like a revolution is going to take place in the current establishment of the internet and mobile computing within the next 12 months and contain sci-fi 3D video telegrams. So maybe a phone comes out with a little more battery life and some other basic performance factor. I mean if you were locked into a new phone for 5 years, it would be one thing, but 12-16 months no "major" breakthroughs are going to occur.

widsith

Reaction score
I have had the Palm the raspberry and a boatload of others and I have explored the I phone - the moto droid is the BEST wait no more join empowerment goog sky alone is worth it!