Wait for Christmas or buy a new phone now?

biglilome

Reaction score
Definitely wait if you can. As others have said Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are usually very good if you need to renew or start a new contract.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait and buy a phone in the box on Swappa.com. LG G3 in the box starts at $460. If it's been out more than a month you will find it on Swappa.com for less Than retail.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with the above that you will find a lot of black friday deals. With that said it really depends on what device you are going to buy as phones like the note 4 and the nexus 6 are least likely to drop in price especially if you are buying it off contract. Now the reason I may suggest waiting is if you are on the fence on what phone to buy, by the holiday period carriers will literally have all the flagship phones on demo so you can do a comparison for yourself to add with all the reviews that are already out. By waiting you get a full picture of what devices may have what issues and if the issues are hardware or software related, software problems can be fixed where hardware may not.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Motorola:
  • $140 off the price of an off-contract Moto X (2nd gen.).
  • Moto X (2nd gen.) on Verizon Wireless starting at one cent. If a consumer signs up for a new account, has an eligible upgrade, or adds a line, they can get a 16gb Moto X for $.01, 32Gb for $50.01. Wood and leather available for an additional $25
  • 30% off any accessories with the purchase of a Moto X (2nd gen.)*.
  • Registration for the code is Mon, Dec. 1, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm CST OR while supplies last
  • Codes must be redeemed by Monday 12/15 11:59 pm CST.
  • THIS IS YOUR LINK TO CLAIM A REDEMPTION CODE.

OP
F

FeedMeAStrayCat

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help with this. I checked out Swappa and they do have some nice deals, might give it a try if I can't get a deal through Motorola. Garemlin, holy cow dude, thanks for the tip man! Will have to wait till at least Monday to see if I can pull it off.