Buy Droid Now or Wait?

mpgolfpro

Reaction score
So I have been stuck with my blackberry pearl for about 2 years and Im do for an upgrade in January. I know that Im going to be switching from the blackberry because I want something more powerful and with a bigger screen. Dare I say...I would go Iphone but Im on Verizon so I have checked out the Droid and it seems to go above and beyond what Im looking for.

I guess Im wondering if I should wait for a "better" phone in the near (1 year) future or go ahead with the Droid. Are any phones rumored to be coming out that will be head and shoulders above the Droid? I know everyone on here loves the Droid but I guess Im a little skeptical since this is the first version and the Android OS is still relatively new and not without its bugs.

Thanks for the advice!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm wondering the same thing.
except, i think im getting it for christmas, but if i had a choice, idk if there will be an even better phone coming out next year

jmacal83

Reaction score
I feel the same......when its time for me to get an upgrade, i get a phone that i like then after one months. A new phone comes out that is better than the one i have.

From my experience the with DROID phone it's well worth the investment....its an awwwsome smart-phone that is on the verizon network....very robust, has numerous apps that is beneficial both professionally, education, and enjoyment.

But this is my opinion, i found the phone very useful, in the time of need.

Krish

Reaction score
There will always be a bigger better phones coming out and your going to even be more clueless on what to get. The iphone is great, the droid is great it all depends on what the person uses the phone for. There will def be more phones from android coming out eventually in the end of 09 and during 010 with new features its all up to you if you want to wait and stick with your blackberry.

I for one love the droid i was deciding between Iphone and droid and i made the right move switching to Verizon from sprint and i got no regrets. There's so much to do on droid and many places for improvement in time but still love it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait........

thats no fun ;)

get the thing it KICK A_______!!!!!!!!

bacalao

Reaction score
You could wait another year for a better phone, but then you will ask yourself the same darn question and won't move forward. Lol.
Look, you played with the Droid, and others in the store. Pick the one you like most that is a definite upgrade. I really wanted my Droid, but I didn't imagine that I would like it and use it even more than I imagined! Bro, its powerful, bugs are exagerated, keyboard is nothing you can't get used to, and I have downloaded at least a hundred apps and games that fill in the gaps from the blackberry I had and then some... and free! I customize my phone down to almost every detail.
Its the hottest thing out now, and you got the Time gadgets behind. Probably shouldn't take that lightly.

Happy happy, droid droid! (Funny to anybody that watched cartoons growing up)

struong57

Reaction score
There is an upcoming Android phone coming early 2010 that will be full touch screen, with a larger screen than the Motor Droid, and Rachel UI. The phone will be released by Xperia, X10, however, it will not be offered on the Verizon network.

I initially was tempted to wait but decided to get the Motor Droid and have been VERY happy with my Droid. It has far surpassed all my expectations.

OP
M

mpgolfpro

Reaction score
You could wait another year for a better phone, but then you will ask yourself the same darn question and won't move forward. Lol.
Look, you played with the Droid, and others in the store. Pick the one you like most that is a definite upgrade. I really wanted my Droid, but I didn't imagine that I would like it and use it even more than I imagined! Bro, its powerful, bugs are exagerated, keyboard is nothing you can't get used to, and I have downloaded at least a hundred apps and games that fill in the gaps from the blackberry I had and then some... and free! I customize my phone down to almost every detail.
Its the hottest thing out now, and you got the Time gadgets behind. Probably shouldn't take that lightly.

Happy happy, droid droid! (Funny to anybody that watched cartoons growing up)

I understand that there will always be newer and better phones out there. I guess more of what I was asking is there going to be a better Droid offered in the near future. For example....the BB Storm 1 came out and there were tons of glitches (mainly the touch screen). Then shortly after BB released the Storm 2 that was supposed to "fix" all these glitches. If I had a Storm 1 I would feel very cheated. I guess Im wondering if this sort of thing will or could happen with the Droid since it is so new? Can they fix everything with OTA updates alone? Thanks again!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
2 words...Google branded.

You cannot go wrong buying ANY phone that has that stamp. The support this device will get from Google will be phenomenal.

Google is loaded with $$$$ don't forget that : ) and they have teamed with VZW to take over the market. I seriously believe that and I don't think I'm too far off with that assesment.

hyperlite456

Reaction score
From what it seems, they are able to fix most bugs ota. Not only will all droids be getting an update by tomorrow, but there will also be an update around January 22nd. And even before these minor bugs, many claimed that they didn't notice and were obsessed with the phone either way. In other words, droid will keep improving.

OP
M

mpgolfpro

Reaction score
So you guys don't foresee them coming out with a Droid 2 in the near future? LOL

BADS197

Reaction score
I think you should ask yourself the question of whether or not you want to be commited to verizon for 1-2 years.

I'm asking myself that, but i'm a new subsciber once the phone comes in from amazon.com I'm just off a attwireless commitment and don't like the iphone I have.

I'm really tempted to get a cheap cheap phone or deal with the iphone and stay on att, despite having crappy reception and a crappy 1st gen iphone.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Grasp today instead of waiting for tomorrow. Why wait for the future when you can enjoy the present...