SBF to root and to unroot

Discussion in 'Tech Guides for root users' started by christim, Apr 20, 2010.

1. gbouten

gbouten Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have to reactivate you phone everytime you load a ROM?

2. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2
    32 bit driver

gbouten, thanks. yea i figured that was the case. i finally rooted the droid. thanks to christim for putting the guides together. been reading for months & matthew's step by step thread also was a big help for me. i just want to stay with stock rom for now and will try to mainly to start deleting a few unwanted native apps.

3. tatord4tot

tatord4tot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my phone doesnt come up under model. ive tried putting the driver on my computer but it says i have a newer version. which should work but i tried uninstalling it and still no go..

4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Make sure your phone is at the bootloader, open RSDlite, if no model shown go to config: deviceID options, check first-come-first-serve DeviceID mode and see if that helps. Also will show the chip ID it wont say Moto Droid or anything like that.

5. Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone shows up in the list and I selected the sbf file I want, but it does not show the file properties or allow me to press start. Please help!!!

I did manage to get it to work by renaming the file 1.sbf. Not sure why this worked, but it did.

6. ageotz

ageotz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sooo I've followed all of the directions and in the install portion I push allow update.zip installation and then install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated).

it then says - E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) installation aborted.

ehhh what do/did i do?

7. Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem with creating a nandroid backup. When I choose to create either a simple or advanced backup, it either says attempting...and does nothing forever, or it says exited with error 32. I've searched and cannot find an explanation for error 32. Can anyone help me?

8. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

Check out post 20 of this thread. The very last line, before my sig, of the post has your answer. Join the club :)

9. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

No you don't. In my exercise in Post #20 I had to twice. Timestamps show how long it took.

If you don't know if you are running 32 bit windows or 64 bit windows and try to install the wrong drivers it politely tells you to use the other drivers and won't install the wrong ones.

10. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you ever made one before and now it is not working or your first attempt at creating one is not working?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/20546-nandroid-error-codes.html but...error 32 is not in the list.

<warning...approaching rant>
    This bugs me. Somebody creating the error code. Did they use a random number generator for certain events and call them errors? Why are some of these code's meaning a secret that nobody can figure out? </ rant>

Try this...when you create an advanced nandroid backup you get to choose its name. Pick something simple, like 20100427 for today's date and let us know how you make out.

11. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats great!! if only i had a decent windows computer available, you dont happen to know of an alternative linux method do you?

12. Coots

Coots Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I tried these instructions, for the Turn my phone into stock. During the process RSD Lite said "FAIL" in the "Progress" section. Now my phone is officially just not doing anything. When I try to boot it says ready for programming, connect USB cable. I am going to try it again right now.... help please?!?!

Search tags for this page

droid 1 sbf

how to apply themes for unrooted android phones
root phone sbf
root sbf
root.sbf
sbf
sbf recovery sbf complete root

sbf root

sbf rooteado
sbf to root and unroot