Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Still Has Four Awesome Stand Out Features

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The masses have spoken, the Note 5 will be a complete FAILURE, as has been the case for the S6, Samsung is just trying to use up the unused parts they have manufactured and bought for the S6 and use them in the Note 5,the Note 5 is just a bigger S6 with a s-pen. The mass market does not care about fanboys "and that includes staff members". Even the keynote was a complete joke "they cut it short" because even Samsung knows this phone will be a flop, just like they were fumbling their lines on stage trying real hard to make this phone seem like something it is not, you could also tell by the crowds reaction.
In what ways is this phone better than the Note 4 for a power "owner" user. Smaller non removable battery "really", if I know I will be out where there are no outlets or wireless charging stations, all I have to do is carry a spare battery with the Note 4, in 1 minute I have a fully charged phone. Also no expandable storage options is another fail, two main reasons people bought the Note line of phablets.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The masses have spoken, the Note 5 will be a complete FAILURE, as has been the case for the S6, Samsung is just trying to use up the unused parts they have manufactured and bought for the S6 and use them in the Note 5,the Note 5 is just a bigger S6 with a s-pen. The mass market does not care about fanboys "and that includes staff members". Even the keynote was a complete joke "they cut it short" because even Samsung knows this phone will be a flop, just like they were fumbling their lines on stage trying real hard to make this phone seem like something out is not, you could also tell by the crowds reaction.

The mass market hasn't spoken until sales figures come out friend.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just like the S6 sales figures, LOL.

Sales figures fluctuate. Not everyone has to have the newest device all the time. I'm not surprised by the numbers that they saw on the S6 at all. We're coming to a point where people who were getting their first smartphone ever with the S5 and even back to the S4 are still content with those devices because that's all they know of the realm of smartphones.

I'm interested to see how the shift of carriers moving as far away from phone subsidies as they can will affect figures on pretty much every device moving forward.

You'll see less and less "not so tech-savvy" folks unwilling to shell out full price for a new phone every 3-4 years, whereas many of those same people went ahead and used their upgrades and subsidies because it wasn't near the hit to the wallet that buying a new phone full price is.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Having no removable battery is an easy solution. All I have to do is plug in my power bank.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The one thing I know is that I'll keep my note edge...the note 5 doesn't seem like an improvement to me..and I'm a moto fan boi..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having no removable battery is an easy solution. All I have to do is plug in my power bank.

So you like chugging along something the size of a phone, or most of the time bigger than the phone itself, I am sure a small fresh battery "that takes 1 minute to change and you have a phone with 100%juice"is worse than a big power bank that still takes time to charge your phone, really, let's get real.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My 5000mAh power bank is smaller than a spare battery. I find it much more convenient than changing out the battery.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My 5000mAh power bank is smaller than a spare battery. I find it much more convenient than changing out the battery.

Really, it's smaller than the Note 4 battery, be real here, your last statement sounded ridiculous. And it charges your phone to 100% in one minute, oh wait, I am sure it also does that.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've tried other phones. I don't have my head stuck in the sand when it comes to tech.

HTC One X...I didn't like Sense.
LG G3...the camera sucks and the screen was terrible.
HTC M8...still didn't like Sense and the camera was bad. The build quality and front facing speakers were awesome though.
iPhones...have had and still have them. iOS 8 has been a train wreck and the phone is larger than my Note even with a smaller screen.

I have Motorola devices, Apple devices, LG devices, HTC devices. My goto devices seem to gravitate towards my Sammy gear...my 12.2 Pro is better than my iPad and my Xoom. My Note Edge is better than all of my other phones.

I'm not a herd follower. What the masses deem as in or out doesn't matter to me. What puts a smile on my face is what matters.

How well are HTC, LG, Motorola doing? They're all in the same boat. I haven't seen any sales smashing records for any of them...including the Nexus 6.

Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Really, it's smaller than the Note 4 battery, be real here, your last statement sounded ridiculous. And it charges your phone to 100% in one minute, oh wait, I am sure it also does that.

My note 3 case next to my power bank
8d2cb6416690d530d4997a3c5d36aeb5.jpg

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My note 3 case next to my power bank
8d2cb6416690d530d4997a3c5d36aeb5.jpg

Now take out the Note BATTERY and place it next to that power bank, and I am sure that power bank will FULLY charge your phone in 1 minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It doesn't need to charge my phone in one minute. I really do not need my phone attached to me 24/7. I do find myself setting it down on my charging pad at times or plugging it into my car charger or the wall or my power bank, whichever is the most convenient at the time. Really, how many power sources do I need?