Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S-Pen Might Have a New Capability

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-s-pen.jpg

Here's a second hot Samsung Galaxy Note 5 rumor for you folks this morning. Samsung just filed a patent with the USPTO for something called "Write on PDF." The patent application reveals that this feature will be a “computer application software for mobile phones, smart phones, tablet computers, portable media players and handheld computers, enabling users to annotate and save PDF documents, images and files.”

Additional rumors out of China regarding this new software patent suggest it will make a debut appearance in September during the announcement of the Galaxy Note 5. The intel reveals that it will be a new functionality attributed to the S-Pen on the Galaxy Note 5.

What do you guys think? Are there instances when you would want to write on a pdf file on your smartphone?

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading it wrong,I already have that capability in EZPDF app
This is an example of free hand but I can also edit text such as filling in schedules and other chart type files.
9d60749f8d0f8cf1cb5b3d7e99612d19.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Unless I'm reading it wrong,I already have that capability in EZPDF app
This is an example of free hand but I can also edit text such as filling in schedules and other chart type files.
9d60749f8d0f8cf1cb5b3d7e99612d19.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I agree I have a few apps that allow me to do this. Adobe fill and sign and also pdf max. I use it when I need to sign a release and email it back. It is a handy feature but nothing that would make me ditch the Note 4

Note 4Tified

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Really handy feature. Didn't know there were some apps that can do that (although I'm sure it's a premium version of Adobe, which wouldn't be worth it for me).

Now if we can just get some of the antiquated businesses and govt agencies to start accepting pdf's in lieu of faxes...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I don't understand why Samsung doesn't include the S-Pen on all of their tablets (and you can't just buy it separately - you need the software, too).

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
On a related note, I don't understand why Samsung doesn't include the S-Pen on all of their tablets (and you can't just buy it separately - you need the software, too).
I agree I want a new tablet but want one with S pen features and an 8" size. The 10 is just to big for what I want it to use it for

Note 4Tified

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree I want a new tablet but want one with S pen features and an 8" size. The 10 is just to big for what I want it to use it for

You and me both. I've been close to pulling the trigger on the S Tab 8.4 many times, and the S-Pen would have sealed the deal.

That's why I want to see what this next crop of tablets brings. I'm also wanting 4 gigs of ram

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Note 4Tified
My Note8 cured me of wanting another tablet. Heck it's why I got my Note2 then Note4 , so I could do on my phone what I can on my tablet. The 8" is bigger than 7" in more ways than just size. It's physically not much larger, still easily portable in my coat pocket out cargo pants pockets, but it seems a lot bigger to my eyes when they're tired at the end of the day.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

SheliaSmithson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
meizu
samsung-galaxy-note-s-pen.jpg

Here's a second hot Samsung Galaxy Note 5 rumor for you folks this morning. Samsung just filed a patent with the USPTO for something called "Write on PDF." The patent application reveals that this feature will be a “computer application software for mobile phones, smart phones, tablet computers, portable media players and handheld computers, enabling users to annotate and save PDF documents, images and files.”

Additional rumors out of China regarding this new software patent suggest it will make a debut appearance in September during the announcement of the Galaxy Note 5. The intel reveals that it will be a new functionality attributed to the S-Pen on the Galaxy Note 5.

What do you guys think? Are there instances when you would want to write on a pdf file on your smartphone?

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena