Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Officially Revealed; Full Specs & Details

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5.jpg

The next generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was just unveiled at Samsung's latest Unpacked Event. Here are the full details:
  • 5.7-inch quad HD super AMOLED display at 518 pixels per inch
  • Exnyos 7420 processor, a 64-bit octa-core chipset
  • 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization
  • 5-megapixel front-facing camera
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 3,000mAh battery
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Bluetooth v4.2m NFC and USB 2.0
  • Samsung S-Pen
  • 7.6 millimeters thick and weighs 171 grams
  • Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
  • 32 or 64GB of storage (no 128GB option)
  • Fast Wireless charging
  • Non-Removable Battery
  • No MicroSD Slot
As you probably "noted," it turns out the Galaxy Note 5 is slightly thicker and heavier than the S6 Edge Plus. Also, just as rumored, the bad news is that the Galaxy Note 5 does not have a removable battery, and also does not have a MicroSD slot. It also looks like they discontinued the 128GB storage option.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will become available to all four major US carriers on on August 21st. Prices will vary by carrier.

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Sidesync looks exciting. Looks like a great competitor for iPhone's Continuity and it works on both PC AND MAC.

OH NO! Sammy just announced Wireless QuickCharge!! Empty > Full in 2 HOURS

dumpyloser

Reaction score
absolutely rediculous! How can they screw their customers with a smaller battery!!!!!!!!!! My note 4 lasts a day, but if I am traveling and using it, its not even close. If we can't take the battery out, at LEAST give us a decent batter. HOGWASH

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Sorry Samsung apologists, that is an absolute fail.

I'm not a huge fan of Sammy devices to begin with. So... I'm guessing that's why Sammy is touting the 'fast wireless charging' because of the smaller battery? I thought I heard in the event that they were 'better than competitor' batteries. I may have heard wrong cause I was only half listening....but I could've sworn they said something like that...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This could not be described no other than FAIL. Even at the keynote, just from the crowds reaction, you could tell the disappointment in the crowd.
Fast wireless charging "2 hours is not fast cheering", really, I can't fast charge while I am on the go, LOL= No one cares.
Small "non removable" battery =Fail
No micro SD card =Fail
Clickable s-pen removal system, more moving parts to fail, what is so hard about pulling out the pen, never had an issue with it, so again =Fail
4 GB of Ram, not needed =TW is the problem and it's poor Ram management system,which I can attest is horrid.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Never been a fan of the "Note" line of phones and definitely not going to start now.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO the Note 4 still seems more appealing than this. Too bad, not that I was looking to get it anyway.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I don't understand the exclusion of a removable battery and SD card o_O Sammy always seemed to market the Note series toward business, artistic type folks with "productivity" being a top priority. Sure 64GB is a lot, but is it enough for folks that really utilize the Note to it's fullest potential? Will folks that take a ton of pictures (and don't, for what ever reason, use cloud storage) have storage capacity issues?
Same can be said about non-removable battery ... if you're really hammering your Note for business/play/whatever, as Sammy would like you to, at least previously you had the option to throw in another battery! I know we'll have to wait for "real world" battery results, but I can see die hard Note users not being happy with a non-removable battery. I know as a former Note user (2 and 3) I don't like this one bit .... but Sammy lost me before this for other reasons, but let me now digress :)

Guess we'll see how the sales go to see what the masses think of all of this.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yup, think I'm going with the note edge. Without sd card, the note 5 does not give me enough to want to jump.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This phone is beast. I would have loved to see a 128GB version though.

I don't see a cause for all of the resistance about Sammy's new design.