Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Beats the Note 4 in Battery Life Tests

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note-5-battery-test-results-640x431.png

Although the biggest complaints regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 were the lack of a removable battery and lack of a microSD slot, that was hardly the only complaint. One of the other notable gripes was that the Note 5 has a smaller battery than the previous generation Note 4. Obviously, for Note fans, this seemed like a step backwards.

As it turns out, that concern is completely unfounded as the Galaxy Note 5 actually pulls ahead of the Galaxy Note 4 in battery life tests. As you can see from the chart above, the Note 5 breaks the 9 hour battery life wall that the Note 4 cannot quite get through. The devices are close with the Note 4 tailing by only 27 minutes, yet it's still impressive that the device with a smaller battery and fancier display comes out ahead.

What do you guys think? Does this at least quell your anger regarding that particular feature?

Don't forget to head over to our Galaxy Note 5 section for more discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 beats Galaxy Note 4 in battery tests

Last edited by a moderator:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
How bright is 200 nits in relation to the brightness slider bar?

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
And someday, I'll replace my Note 4 battery and it'll be as good as new.

Sorry Note 5.....

Yep, the Note 5 battery will still lose it's effectiveness. There is a lot of spin doctoring going on with this device. But then again I'm being negative here, so for the people who don't want to read anything but praise for this thing I will stop.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
All hail the turbo!!!!! Let's see what this year's droid line up holds..hehe..sorry for trolling..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yep, the Note 5 battery will still lose it's effectiveness. There is a lot of spin doctoring going on with this device. But then again I'm being negative here, so for the people who don't want to read anything but praise for this thing I will stop.
I'm interested in everyone's opinions/thoughts whether it be positive or negative. I'm curious to know what kind of "spin doctoring" is going on?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What I'm curious about...my note edge has all the battery life my turbo has...why isn't that up there!?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anywhere near 8 hours sot since lollipop installed. With Kit Kat it was the norm to get more than 8

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm about ready to clear my cache on my Note 4. Sure, I've been playing more games & streaming more music lately, but my battery is dying quick these days. I still get through the day, but I have to swap out batteries or do a top off charge way more often lately.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
@dgstorm
Check that Note 5 link in your first post.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm about ready to clear my cache on my Note 4. Sure, I've been playing more games & streaming more music lately, but my better is dying quick these days. I still get through the day, but I have to swap out batteries or do a top off charge way more often lately.
Perhaps your battery is getting a little plated up inside?? I replaced my note edges battery last week..I keep the original for just in case...at about 60% charge..but I notice a big difference with a new battery again..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Perhaps your battery is getting a little plated up inside?? I replaced my note edges battery last week..I keep the original for just in case...at about 60% charge..but I notice a big difference with a new battery again..
Both of them though? I have a spare that I bought months after I bought the phone & didn't have to use it much until recently unless I had a long day & then was going to be out late.

Also, android OS & something else other than screen have topped the chart.