Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Still Has Four Awesome Stand Out Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-5-official-image.jpg

It looks like the rumors were accurate regarding the non-removable battery and lack of a microSD slot for the new Galaxy Note 5. For some, these missing features are a deal-breaker, but others may not miss them much. Despite Samsung's questionable decision to exclude these features, the new Galaxy Note 5 is still packed with some impressive capabilities.

Here are the best four that we could come up with off the top of our heads:
  • S Pen - still one of the best reasons to own a Note series phone.
  • QHD Super AMOLED display - Samsung continues their tradition of offering the best looking displays in the mobile phone industry.
  • Octa-core CPU, 4GB of RAM - with this much power, the Galaxy Note 5 should be able to handle anything you need it to without any problems.
  • Fast charging and wireless charging - we all have busy lives and being able to keep your Note juiced up shouldn't be inconvenient... this takes care of that.
What do you guys think? Do these features help the Galaxy Note 5 stand out? Feel free to name what intrigues you most about this device.

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my favorite feature of either was writing notes with the s pen while screen is off. Other than that, I'm glad I got a Note4 and didn't wait for the 5

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Note 5 does not need 4 GB of Ram, TW is the problem with Samsung, it's a system hog and it's Ram utilization is just horrendous. I own a Nexus 6 and Note 4, and the Nexus 6 runs circles around the Note 4, the ram is pretty much used up on the Note 4 for no reason.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So glad to hear the N5 will have wireless charging. <3 my wireless pad at night.

Other than that, the N5 is looking to be my replacement over my nexus 6. <3 Nexus but I'm a tech junkie. Gotta have the new stuff and love TMobile's Jump program letting me do it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So glad to hear the N5 will have wireless charging. <3 my wireless pad at night.

Other than that, the N5 is looking to be my replacement over my nexus 6. <3 Nexus but I'm a tech junkie. Gotta have the new stuff and love TMobile's Jump program letting me do it.
My Note 4 has wireless charging. I bought this and it works even with a UAG case on the Note 4.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PLE6Q0I/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Last edited:

Amagine

Reaction score
I'll wait to see if someone makes an extended battery case with an SDcard slot for it. Plus if Devs are able to put Cyanogenmod onto the Note 5. I agree 4 Gig of ram is great. but TW is definitely a resource hog. I've gotten s-pen to work on my S4 so making the jump to the Note 5 is even less enticing.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll wait to see if someone makes an extended battery case with an SDcard slot for it. Plus if Devs are able to put Cyanogenmod onto the Note 5. I agree 4 Gig of ram is great. but TW is definitely a resource hog. I've gotten s-pen to work on my S4 so making the jump to the Note 5 is even less enticing.
You better off buying a Note 4.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They dropped the IR sensor on the Note 5. I've sent the developers of the Peel app an email questioning them about whether or not their TV remote control app will finally revert to Wifi again.

There will most likely be a battery/sdcard case from Incipio. They made one for the S6 and it is called the OffGrid.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
They dropped the IR sensor on the Note 5. I've sent the developers of the Peel app an email questioning them about whether or not their TV remote control app will finally revert to Wifi again.

There will most likely be a battery/sdcard case from Incipio. They made one for the S6 and it is called the OffGrid.
Another big clunky case, the Note 5 is a complete FAILURE.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Another big clunky case, the Note 5 is a complete FAILURE.

That is your opinion and where you are certainly entitled to it I completely disagree. The case is not clunky. You might want to check it out.

And the Note 5 itself cannot be matched by any other phone. Not in camera quality, not in screen quality, and not in features.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is your opinion and where you are certainly entitled to it I completely disagree. The case is not clunky. You might want to check it out.

And the Note 5 itself cannot be matched by any other phone. Not in camera quality, not in screen quality, and not in features.
No one cares about the plethora of USELESS features that are nothing but memory hogs, screen is the same as in the Note 4 "which I own" , camera is the same as in the S6 which is slightly better than the Note 4, you sound like a Samsung fanboy. This Note 5 is a complete FAILURE on all levels.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No one cares about the plethora of USELESS features that are nothing but memory hogs, screen is the same as in the Note 4 "which I own" , camera is the same as in the S6 which is slightly better than the Note 4, you sound like a Samsung fanboy. This Note 5 is a complete FAILURE on all levels.

Useless to you doesn't make them useless to everyone in the world.

Yes, I am a Samsung fanboy. So what? You sit here rooting about that humongous Nexus 6 that can't compare to Samsung's phones on any level. I'm glad that you enjoy it, but you obviously have an issue with Samsung and anyone that enjoys using their products.

That's all fine and dandy though since you have choices. My choice is Samsung because they meet my expectations. When they stop doing that I will look elsewhere.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Useless to you doesn't make them useless to everyone in the world.

Yes, I am a Samsung fanboy. So what? You sit here rooting about that humongous Nexus 6 that can't compare to Samsung's phones on any level. I'm glad that you enjoy it, but you obviously have an issue with Samsung and anyone that enjoys using their products.

That's all fine and dandy though since you have choices. My choice is Samsung because they meet my expectations. When they stop doing that I will look elsewhere.
I own both the Note 4 and Nexus 6, Note 4 longer, the truth is in the pudding, the Note 4 and TW is a systems resource hog. I don't pledge allegiance to any one company, like some people do. I am not the only one who has real world experience with this issue.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I own both the Note 4 and Nexus 6, Note 4 longer, the truth is in the pudding, the Note 4 and TW is a systems resource hog, I am not the only one who has real world experience with this issue.

I know that you have two phones. You constantly talk about how you prefer the Nexus over your Note. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. Use what is best for you. I will use what is best for me.

I like Samsung phones because they are what I am looking for. They integrate seemlessly into my life style without a hiccup.

A non-removable battery is irrelevant to me. Not having a micro-sdcard is irrelevant to me. Would they be nice? You betcha. Are they a deal breaker? Not by a long shot. I was stuck using an iPhone 6 Plus for two months and it didn't have either of those features and the sky didn't fall.

There is absolutely nothing you can tell me or call me that is going to change that. When Samsung does something outrageous that changes my line of thinking I will switch at that time.

StephieLockhart

Reaction score
What's not to love with the Note 5? The camera is great (sure winner), the S-Pen ( I love it) ,glad that you can write even when the screen is off and that you have an option for a physical keyboard ( of course, I'd be happy if it comes free), there's wireless charging ( that solves my concern for battery life), the design is superb ( drooling), internal memory at least 64b (anyhow there's always cloud),specs (top notch, so expecting fast and smooth UI). Coming from Note 4, there's not much difference really but I still would like to upgrade. I would understand a lot of us don't welcome changes, because the old ways are convenient and it's comfortable (who doesn't want comfort,eh) but to be honest, I think it's going to be the next thing in the following years to come. Sammy would most likely lost a lot of existing followers and gain new ones so it's still a win-win. I've been a Sammy fan boy (obviously)and is going to remain one. So, there's my one-cent.

Disclaimer:
I'm not affiliated with Samsung nor get compensated for this. This is an honest review.:)