[RUMOR] ICS Coming to RAZR, Maxx And Rezound....Next Week

Reaction score
do anyone have a link of ICS youtube preview for droid razr maxx ?

I might return Maxx for Nexus because of quicker update

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Do you have to un-root before the update and will it remove root?

hunter9604

Reaction score
Do you have to un-root before the update and will it remove root?

That's the thing, and correct me if I'm wrong... Since the update hasn't rolled out yet, no one know's if it'll break root, nor do they know if you have to be un-rooted before you get the update. It's a trial-by-error kinda thing

revelated

Reaction score
We do sort of have an internal system that let's us comment on things but it's not an internal forum. I would go into my best buy but I really don't feel like going out there. And no Bionic??? The RAZR and the Bionic have the same brain! The only difference is the physical hardware....

Bionic has a hell of a lot more bloat that has to be "approved". RAZR and RAZR MAXX have a little bloat but they're unintrusive and quiet for the most part.

As long as the RAZR MAXX experience is superior to what the Nexus provides, I'll be fine.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
what is it with ICS that many people are getting way too excited on getting? as far as i know GB works just as fine.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As an FYI there was a RC leak for the Rezound last week. Doesn't change anything, but it's something to think about

Been running that leak on the rezound for almost a week now. If this is what ics on the rezound will be then people with the rezound will be in for a treat. I bet the same for the razr when they get it. But as Ck said dont get to hyped we been down this road many times before. You guys remember 2.1 on the og droid and all the "rumors" that it would be pushed at midnight. If it happens cool but if not be patient. Funny thing though it it happens, will be that the rezound and razr would get an update before the vzw nexus.....:icon_eek:.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is it with ICS that many people are getting way too excited on getting? as far as i know GB works just as fine.

I agree. The RAZR, Maxx is fine as is. Its just about using the latest n greatest update...the new features of ICS. The Data usage manager is nice for ppl on tiered plans. While is wasnt enough to make me keep the G Nex...I do like ICS overall. I dont like some of the color schemes...but overall its a nice upgrade.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree. The RAZR, Maxx is fine as is. Its just about using the latest n greatest update...the new features of ICS. The Data usage manager is nice for ppl on tiered plans. While is wasnt enough to make me keep the G Nex...I do like ICS overall. I dont like some of the color schemes...but overall its a nice upgrade.

If the radio would have been better for me I would have kept my nexus. I liked the form factor and the performance. With that said I am running scotts desensed version ([ROM] -3/21- CleanROM Developer Edition 1.0 -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Senseless! | Smooth! |★- - xda-developers) and it is as close as we can get to aosp, but its smooth and I like it. I am so hoping for htc or motorola to get the next vzw nexus. I would love to get the nexus again I just could not justify having that device with the inconsistency I was getting with the radios.

huskur

Reaction score
+1? 10 chars

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

I am sure thatIF the Razrs (Maxx and OG) get ICS then the D4 won't be far behind guys. Just have to play the waiting game and see if this is for real or just a hoax

Insidious

Reaction score
I believe that the rezound is getting it. The Vivid got it like a week or 2 ago.

Sent from Skynet

battlecanary

Reaction score
While I'm excited to see ICS on my Droid 4, I'm curious to see how close to stock it is, or if Verizon has just bloated it out to ruin the fun.

stkma70

Reaction score
While I'm excited to see ICS on my Droid 4, I'm curious to see how close to stock it is, or if Verizon has just bloated it out to ruin the fun.

Honestly doesn't matter because once we get an official rom, all the custom ones will be damn near flawless as far as data and camcorder, and that's all I'm waiting on

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4