Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;24073UmIlwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24073UmIlwQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Update 3: We replaced the pic from earlier with a Motorola video of ICS in action on the RAZR.

According to released support docs and the webpage at the Motorola source link below, Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich will begin rolling out today (June 22nd) to the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX! Besides the obvious benefits of Ice Cream Sandwich, there are some additional features that Moto is adding to this update: a four-way lockscreen shortcut, refreshed notifications, global roaming, a smart actions app update and more.

Sound off in the thread when you get yours! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Update: Verizon's own news page now confirms that the rollout will start on June 22nd!

Thanks for the tip, nikecar!

Update 2: Thanks to another tipster, we have some more info to share regarding this update. One other cool and interesting new feature that this update brings besides ICS is that it will make your RAZR or RAZR MAXX a Global device! You can see more details here: UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA.

Source: Motorola and Verizon News Page

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hurray! Now I wait for it to hit my phone! *frantically hits system updates button* I need my Ice Cream Sandwich today, it's going to be hot out! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hmmmm no soak test first. If there was, those that were in it managed to keep it a secret this time. LOL

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Garemlin said:
Hmmmm no soak test first. If there was, those that were in it managed to keep it a secret this time. LOL

Maybe Motorola saw the amount of people talking about it on open forums and kept it in house?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Be sweet, finally getting all of that ice-cream sandwich goodness! Will only optimize experience on Razr Maxx, only wonder now is when Razr HD, V, Fighter or whatever-the-hell-you-call-it comes out?:blink:

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Come on Verizon, get it to New York now, I have to go to a graduation ceremony today!

Linus_

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received the update ota? Definitely haven't here in mass..

Sent from my Razr Maxx

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Maybe Motorola saw the amount of people talking about it on open forums and kept it in house?

Very good possibility. We know from all previous soak tests that there are always gonna be those that have to tell the world and give proof. Like they are in that need of attention that they wanna try to lay claim to being the first to leak out something like that.

rpdonald

Reaction score
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was actually part of the email for the initial survey, not the actual soak invite. I got the same email, but as far as I know there was no soak invite actually sent out.

Ahh... gotcha. Sneaky of Moto. Still, who cares if there was a soak test right? It's coming!!!!