Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Would the soak or initial push even be released during the day? The update seems like a big file that would take longer than 5-10 minutes to install. Maybe an overnight push? Not getting my hopes up until after dinner. Then, hopes will be extremely high.

nkfry

Reaction score
kinda related but not completely, when I check for update it just searches for ever. I don't get a "You're up to date" or that a new update has been found. Please help!

There's thousands of other RAZR/MAXX owners doing the same thing as you, the servers can only support so much before a delay is incurred.

rpdonald

Reaction score
Xil said:
kinda related but not completely, when I check for update it just searches for ever. I don't get a "You're up to date" or that a new update has been found. Please help!

This is because there are thousands of RAZR owners checking for updates at the same time... hold on....

Nope not ready yet!......

Sorry, had to go check again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
No ICS in central PA. No soak test either that I know of. That is unusual for Moto to not soak test a major upgrade...not update. But who knows...with all the leaks and the number of people running them, plus the confusion Moto had trying to get the invite out successfully, maybe they decided to go without a soak test.

No update as of right now, tried going to about phone and software updates and nothing new yet. Will keep trying and first report when upgrade process commences.dancedroid

mekanism

Reaction score
What states/regions usually get updates first?

Mek's Maxx

dbitt59

Reaction score

reboot your phone and it will work mine does the same thing sometimes

xtor

Reaction score
Is it recommended to be on 4g for this update

5star paintless, we'll remove your dents not you finish®

nkfry

Reaction score
What states/regions usually get updates first?

Mek's Maxx

The "find a new IM app" texts seemed to have gone out east to west about a week ago, I'm sure they'll get the larger markets updated first.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
NeoPhoenixTE said:
..if I'm not mistaken, the RAZRs were the only phone left before the Droid 4 came out. Would this mean any new ICS development has moved on to the D4? That would be great news. :D

Bionic first and then D4. We just got what we think is the final version with the leak from last evening.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Interesting. The Motorola website has updated the information for the Maxx to say that "ICS IS COMING SOON!" Don't recall that earlier in the week or last week when I looked at the website.

Eagerly awaiting my update notice. I'll try not to overload the server too much with checking to see if my device is up to date. It's sorta like a hobby around update time. :crazy:

milllllller

Reaction score
sooooo if...

If the OTA is confirmed to be the same as the latest leak (6.12.181), can I instal that leak and remain on Verizon's OTA update path?