[RUMOR] ICS Coming to RAZR, Maxx And Rezound....Next Week

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ics1.jpeg

According to a tipster at Phonearena, Best Buy has posted Ice Cream Sandwich release dates on its internal employee news site. Those dates are not "soon" or "very soon" neither, they are next week according to the tipster. Looking for exact dates? The Motorola RAZR and RAZR MAXX (both the 32GB and 16GB versions) will begin receiving the update on Wednesday, April 4, while the HTC Rezound is scheduled for Friday, April 6.

As with any good rumor, take this one with the proverbial grain of salt. This all could be an elaborate early April Fools Joke, and what a good joke it would have been. There's no denying it though, it's quite the exciting rumor for those anxiously awaiting 4.0 right?

Source: Phone arena

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
April fools! Has to be. Motorola is the one that drives this and they've already said 3rd quarter for the Razr.

No way would Best Buy hear this before Verizon or some other source.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As an FYI there was a RC leak for the Rezound last week. Doesn't change anything, but it's something to think about

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still patient...but seeing the Rezound or some HTC phone before and after ICS...performance is nice. Good to see each version of Android gets better n better.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rezound I believe, as that's been leaked elsewhere as well (not related to Best Buy) - plus it fits HTC's promised timeline... and plus the RC has been leaked for a bit now, as CK stated already.

I call bluff on the Moto phones though... hopefully they prove me wrong.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Best Buy has some sort of internal messaging system, similar to a forum, where anybody can post that kind of stuff (could be wrong)... I'm not saying that's the case here, and someone in another thread did say a VZW customer service rep said the Razr/Maxx was getting an update "mid-April", so I hope it's true... but I'm always skeptical of this stuff now, especially the Motorola part... just call me a grumpy old man!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope its true... that would make alot of people happy. I personally just hope that if it is true.... that its well thought out.

Personally.... I'm not gonna hold my breath as stated.... take it with a grain of salt.

sent from my MAXX.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
We do sort of have an internal system that let's us comment on things but it's not an internal forum. I would go into my best buy but I really don't feel like going out there. And no Bionic??? The RAZR and the Bionic have the same brain! The only difference is the physical hardware....

vonfink13

Reaction score
funny... I was just thinking about how smooth my razr has been running lately....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums