Possibly ICS for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX finally!? Maybe

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's some more exciting news for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX users. Last week an ICS build was leaked out to the masses. Very soon after a couple of Root Methods were made available, yesterday Clockworkmod Recovery was made available for ICS on Razr, and today Motorola sent out Soak test invites for members of the feedback network! This Soak test was not specifically called Ice Cream Sandwich and who knows maybe its not. However Motorola did mention in the invite that this is a "new software release". All signs lead to Ice Cream Sandwich! The soak test is reported to start on June 22 with the official release of the new build to hit everyone else's device on June 27! Hopefully all RootMethods will stick and CWM will work on this latest build!

Via Droid-Life

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have yet to try Moto ICS (bionic owner), but it looks like it's fairly faithful to stock ICS.

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Moto's Blur on ICS is actually not bad, very lightly modded version of stock ICS launcher. The newest leaked build (211) is especially stable and fluid and benchmarks very well (3000+). The only complaint I have is somewhat spotty 3G/4G connectivity, prolly just needs a few tweaks to the radio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...somethings coming....lol. Hope its no more bug fixes. Down to the wire for Q2 hey Moto...? lol.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yea...somethings coming....lol. Hope its no more bug fixes. Down to the wire for Q2 hey Moto...? lol.

I think it was the Cliq that was supposed to get an update to 1.6 or something in Q2 one year. And everyone waited, and June 30th came, and past. Then like at 12am EST July 1 moto changed it to Q3.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that ICS is coming to my Razr???? How did I not know about this (Sarcasm) - I hope it is worth all of the wait!!

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y u no realease ics for bionic!

skennelly

Reaction score
Motorola is horrible about releasing updates. If I was a RAZR owner, I'd get rid of that phone and never look back. I know most mobile phone companies are slow at releasing updates, but at least the others have the ability to unlock the bootloader and therefore you can keep yourself up to date. With Moto, your just stuck.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
skennelly said:
Motorola is horrible about releasing updates. If I was a RAZR owner, I'd get rid of that phone and never look back. I know most mobile phone companies are slow at releasing updates, but at least the others have the ability to unlock the bootloader and therefore you can keep yourself up to date. With Moto, your just stuck.

I drive from the edge of 4g 1 hour to the other edge of 4g and am at school for 8 hours and then drive back another hour. I stream music for 6 of those 10 hours.

The stability, consistent data hand offs and superb battery life are so perfect that I couldn't possibly switch to another phone with confidence. Except maybe an iPhone but then I'd lose some of the features I like.

As long as the ICS release is stable I don't mind waiting.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
I drive from the edge of 4g 1 hour to the other edge of 4g and am at school for 8 hours and then drive back another hour. I stream music for 6 of those 10 hours.

The stability, consistent data hand offs and superb battery life are so perfect that I couldn't possibly switch to another phone with confidence. Except maybe an iPhone but then I'd lose some of the features I like.

As long as the ICS release is stable I don't mind waiting.

Exactly.

These last 2 posts says it all: everybody doesn't have the same wants n needs.