Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

JimJ

Reaction score
ICS has arrived!

This morning I checked for an available update (again), but this time I was informed that indeed there was an update ready. So, about 30 minutes later I had ICS installed on my Razr Maxx. Now I have to figure out what it has to offer.

GotnFX

Reaction score
posttal said:
It has some major downfalls in my opinion as far as the actual phone and E-mail goes .The phone opens to show your dialer,Recent Calls or Favorite numbers..It does not show your phone book of CONTACTS..that has to be done thru a seperate button called "People"....People also shows your favorite numbers and groups...but no dialer.They should of combined the 2 like it was before..before the update you had a seperate button that had contact like the people folder has.

Under PEOPLE @ da very bottom I have a dialer...does your screen not have this?

ForumRunner_20120701_072130.png

posttal

Reaction score
I had to recheck..and yeah it does. Hmm you would think they would of made that the default when you unlock your phone.I guess in time i'll get use to it.How about your mail and text messages...is there a way to hit one icon and see whats in multiple mail accounts and your text messages like the old version had? maybe even a 3rd party app that wold show them all ?

truebluebpb

Reaction score
I try to send email to my "group" listing, e.g., from Facebook and only get the single-name listing. Anyone know how to overcome this?

GotnFX

Reaction score
posttal said:
How about your mail and text messages...is there a way to hit one icon and see whats in multiple mail accounts and your text messages like the old version had? maybe even a 3rd party app that wold show them all ?

U got me on that one! If you find out how post n let everyone know..I'll keep searching as well..

webbb1

Reaction score
Got my update to ics!!! Love it!! Love the voice to text effortlessly works pretty cool!!!!

Reaction score
Got the update! But it says software update failed when I try to install it. My phone is rooted and I used voodoo ota root keeper to temp unroot it =(

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Downloaded it, it was terribly unstable, did a factory reset on it, came back up and now it's more amazing than anything I've seen to date. I literally had the phone unplugged for 3 hours before it dropped from 100% to 90% I screen shotted it at over 2 hours, I was amazed. Absolutely adoring this update, and now that I have disabled all the verizon bloatware I'm sure that's where the battery life increase came from, cause I still have all my widgets etc. The ability to make "folders" by stacking the icons is flippin fantastic, brilliant. LOVE this

RazrMaxx btw.

posttal

Reaction score
Is it just me or did you loose the ability to cut and paste your text messages and to forward them as text messages.I use to be able to hold my finger on the message and to bars would pop up..then drag one to the beginning of what your copying and one to the end..then while it was hi lighted you would just tap it and a message would pop up and say it was copied to your clipboard...then you opened the e-mail and hold your finger on the content box and a window would pop up allowing you to select Paste....this function is now gone

N4UPD

Reaction score
Ok now when does the Rezound get ICS now that Verizon made us wait for Moto to get it first?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
N4UPD said:
Ok now when does the Rezound get ICS now that Verizon made us wait for Moto to get it first?

Go find HTC's ICS upgrade list. It's up to HTC to create the software. Verizon just approves it.

cdm369

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
Go find HTC's ICS upgrade list. It's up to HTC to create the software. Verizon just approves it.

Or sits on it. HTC had theirs done almost a month ago.

djnolo

Reaction score
Finally got my ICS to update successfully. I had to flash my stock settings. :)

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Since my new ICS My Gallery app constantly crashes after opening it VZW Support on Twitter first told me to uninstall facebook, which you can't do, apparently its now bloatware. Then they told me I would have to do a factory reset. I don't really want to lose all of my data. Is there anything you can do to avoid losing everything?