Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Since my new ICS My Gallery app constantly crashes after opening it VZW Support on Twitter first told me to uninstall facebook, which you can't do, apparently its now bloatware. Then they told me I would have to do a factory reset. I don't really want to lose all of my data. Is there anything you can do to avoid losing everything?

Have you tried to uninstall the latest Facebook updates, then disable the app? You can then enable the app and reinstall the updates. That fixed most of my quirky facebook problems. Hope that helps.

Oceaneyes

Reaction score
ICS on my Razr Maxx

I installed ICS yesterday, took over 2 hours. It ate up my battery even plugged in. Now my battery life is horrible and it takes forever to charge. I've had it plugged in for 2 hours, and only have email and text messaging going and it's only gone from 40% to 50%. What can I do? I am also using Go Launcher, can that be causing the poor battery life? Help me please!

WestOkid

Reaction score
I had similar problems. I gave up trying to figure it out and did a factory reset. However, still no where near gb battery performance but its tolerable if you keep a charger nearby. Its like a Droid Razr thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
Mine ate battery the first 24 hours or so. Now I get much better life out of it. Give it a day or two.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Calibrate your battery meter by powering off, charge to 100%, use to 15%.. power off and charge again... see what happens from there.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Oceaneyes

Reaction score
Thank you, I will do that tonight.

Calibrate your battery meter by powering off, charge to 100%, use to 15%.. power off and charge again... see what happens from there.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

WestOkid

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try. I will let you know if it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Have you tried to uninstall the latest Facebook updates, then disable the app? You can then enable the app and reinstall the updates. That fixed most of my quirky facebook problems. Hope that helps.

I finally got to try this and it didn't help. I also notice that My Gallery is showing the wrong images. Like there are only a few and most are older ones from a few days ago. Some of them are also being duplicated. I can only flip through a couple before it crashes.

braveone772

Reaction score
You know...first day, i wasn't thrilled with the update. It wasn't reading my finger touches properly, opening apps randomly...but 48 hours later, ICS is buttery smooth for me. I'm lovin it.

tazenman

Reaction score
Icecream Sandwich problem on RAZR

Well I received the long awaited download of Icecream Sandwich, as a sfar as I can tell it has some major issues that makes me want to go back. First of all I live in a rual area and the 4GLTE tower is very far away. It can hit it this tower if I stand in the perfect position, but my battery runs down in a matter of hours. In the previous version I set my network to CDMA and would only change it to 4G LTE when in town and my battery would last all day and then some. I need a way to change my network setting to CDMA only or a way to remove this update!!! Also my favorites widget on the Home screen now has everyone listed 2 times with no way, that I can see to remove them!!!

Very frustrating!

Vog46

Reaction score
OK folks please help an old fool out here.
Lets start with some definitions:
OTA
Soak Test
IF I understand this - ICS is a new operating system for our phones (like going from Windows XP to Windows 7 on your computer) correct?
So please - what are the main advantages to ICS? For us neophytes? What should I expect to see?
I hate to "dumb down" this forum but I'm sure I speak for some more members who may be too embarrassed to ask........and sometimes I've got to ask some of you guys to come back to earth for a minute
Can anyone recommend some online resources to explain ICS to this old guy?

Thanks and Best Regards
Vog

jtpowell

Reaction score
OK folks please help an old fool out here.
Lets start with some definitions:
OTA
Soak Test
IF I understand this - ICS is a new operating system for our phones (like going from Windows XP to Windows 7 on your computer) correct?
So please - what are the main advantages to ICS? For us neophytes? What should I expect to see?
I hate to "dumb down" this forum but I'm sure I speak for some more members who may be too embarrassed to ask........and sometimes I've got to ask some of you guys to come back to earth for a minute
Can anyone recommend some online resources to explain ICS to this old guy?

Thanks and Best Regards
Vog

Just do a search for ICS Features.

Advantages for me:

ICS based WebTop
Screenshots without root
Better notification handling
Better multitasking with recent apps
Face unlock
Chrome bookmark syncing
Better folders
Data usage tracking/limiting