[Rumor] Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola_razr_1.png

Here is an exciting rumor if it turns out to be true! It looks like one of the Motorola Support forum managers, named Matt let slip that Moto will soon be having a soak test for Ice Cream Sandwich. Apparently, the previous soak test was cancelled and this new one will come in its place. The comment was quickly taken down, but of course with the internets, everything gets recorded and someone snapped it up. Here's the quote:

Looks like we got a surprise people. This regular soak test has now turned into an official soak test for Android 4.0 also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. Please subscribe to this feed for updates and more information will be posted as soon as possible.

Thanks guys for hanging in there.
We are calling this rumor for now because we have no official confirmation, but if it turns out accurate, the Droid RAZR series will soon get a taste of the ICS yumminess!

Update: Apparently, there is a ton of speculation across the web that the original source of this story is fake. We had a feeling this may be the case, since it seemed highly suspect that this would actually happen on the Moto Forums. This is why we labeled it as a rumor at first, but thought it worth reporting regardless. For what it is worth, we were hoping it was accurate, but I wouldn't count it at this point. It would be better to be pleasantly surprised, then to be immediately disappointed.

Source: DroidMatters

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Rumor troll!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hsunami

Reaction score
wheres the love for the rezound or does that not matter sice HTC was bought out......

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ok rumor is total garbage, the posting was fake and mocked up because it doesn't even have matt's signature properly his picture or avatars not there and the reply button is missing and the motorola logo is in the wrong place.

my 9 year old could of done a better fake than they did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I read a bunch of Matt's posts while awaiting the gingerbread update for my droid 2 global. It just doesn't sound like him.
I looked up the op posts.....they are All "hey guys....lookit what found on the news...."
As I said: RUMOR TROLL!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I read a bunch of Matt's posts while awaiting the gingerbread update for my droid 2 global. It just doesn't sound like him.
I looked up the op posts.....they are All "hey guys....lookit what found on the news...."
As I said: RUMOR TROLL!!!

Originally the fake mocked up post which appeared on droidlife.com wasn't even on the page, but it was put up there in response to 1 of my postings. Immediately after it appeared, I responded to the fake posting indicating that it was such.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

skipbl92

Reaction score
So are we going to see a post stating that the Soak Test for Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 has been scrapped for the Jelly Bean 5.0 Soak Test?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Fox.....love the new avatar! :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Thanks, I tried to get both him and doctor cooper to fit at the same time, but they were too small to recognize. I think I'm going to start changing the avatar on a regular basis following particular themes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So are we going to see a post stating that the Soak Test for Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 has been scrapped for the Jelly Bean 5.0 Soak Test?

Right now!!!!! HEY!!! I JUST HEARD THAT ICS HAS BEEN SCRAPPED FOR JELLY BEAN!!!! WE'LL HAVE IT AFTER WHILE!!!

Soon enough??. Lmao

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

[lol]

Motorola has to be loving these rumors. For every rumor of ICS being right around the corner they get X number of handsets sales over the Nexus.

My guess? We'll see ICS in the fall.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matt and Mark are very clear in the soak test forums they do not respond to rumors nor do they even hint at anything that could start a rumor. If Matt said something like that and then it was pulled, it would've been extremely out of character... i.e. saying it without having full clearance.

skyshadow

Reaction score
Can we please stop clogging up the forums with this garbage? I know people want ICS for the razr but enough is enough. I check these forums at least once a day and I used to see all kinds of interesting things about mods and themes and roms and now 75% of it is garbage rumors about the razr. You guys bought a phone knowing motos track record with updates so please just wait patiently cause making these dumb posts arent gonna make it happen faster. Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: