[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy SIII Rumored for April; Quad-Core, ICS & 12MP Camera

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +426
    A few months has never seen more than pretty marginal upgrades. My guess is this will have basically the same specs as the Nexus, processor and camera (well, maybe 8mp) bumped obviously, and probably no NFC or possibly the barometer. It might get a Super Amoled+ screen. Price will be $299 on contract.

2. pabowhunter

pabowhunter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I want my next phone to make breakfast for me in the morning... hmmmm virtual breakfast wonder if it will taste like Chicken... It's the Matrix

3. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I seriously doubt that. Galaxy S was single core, Galaxy SII was dual, and Galaxy SIII will almost certainly be quad core. While the Nexus specs are good, this is the year of quad core phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    dual core has been out since may 19 in the droid x2...besides, they always have computer/laptop and even tablet processors already 4+ cores to go off of to help

5. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Starting in 2013 we'll have 5,000 core devices with 1 Terabyte internal storage, hologram projector, and a real, projected virtual keyboard. And a built-in lightsaber.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

6. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    naw, i agree on the 5000 cores and 1 terabyte storage, hologram projection but there will be no keyboards...all you'll have to do is think of what you want to type, and there will be no type of touch screen, it'll be a think screen. All you have to do is think something like "i want to update my apps" and it'll open the market and auto update, or you could even think something like "i have no idea how to get <insert place>" and it'll turn on gps, open maps and navigate for you :happy3:

7. heretic1

heretic1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol isnt that one of Apple fanboys arugments. iphone has better resolution lol... Iv looked at all that stuff. I personally dont see any difference. Some phones have better color, and depth. Im with you I thin its just a nubmer they throw at everyone to make it sound all fancy to try to sell it.

8. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    not really, i hate apple and iphone but until the hd phones came out the iphone had the better screen...its the retina screen which is used on many laptops already, it is technically resolution, its all about the clarity...grab an iphone find text somewhere you can zoom in at and zoom in and see how clear and defined the text is, then compare it to an older android phone and see
    thats how its supposed to work anyway, ive never actually tried it due to my non consideration of ever getting an iphone...

9. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +5
    VZW isn't the only carrier in the U.S. In fact, depending how the device lineup looks on VZW this spring I may well jump ship to Sprint. Hopefully Moto will give up locked bootloaders so I dont have to do that...

10. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    GSII has better processor, better GPU, maybe a better camera, I think the newer LTE version actually has the same screen as the Gnex. Once the GSII gets ICS it will be better then the Gnex in just about every way. Some flagship device huh?

11. gthotie5

gthotie5 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Lol true but, on that note the RAZR can't compete with the new SII either.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

12. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    That's why I asked how long it was in the wild before coming to the U.S., not just VZW specifically.
    It was released in May and didn't show up AT ALL in the U.S. until September/October.

Looooooooong wait.

13. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Right but it was never really meant to. It was the flagship Moto device and it is that, basically. The GN is supposedly Samsungs flagship device, the ICS launch platform, and its got hardware that cant compete with a phone that's nearly a year old. I was just very dissapointed with what the GN was when they announced it.

14. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +41
    This made me lol. :)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

15. shalou

shalou New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do people fall for the gimmick of more mega pixels? It has nothing to do with the quality of the picture unless you are blowing the picture way up. Im not a camera expert but even i know that the quality will not be effected by more mega pixels. If they really want to improve the camera start by improving the lens. The lens makes a huge difference. When making your choice on phone mega pixels on the camera should not even be a consideration unless it has under 4.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s iii specs