[LEAK] Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx ICS Delayed, Best Buy Screenshot

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh, Best Buy isn't covering for anything. The info we receive in our system is technically supposed to be private information so when we're wrong, it's not supposed to matter. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Just curious, do you know where that info comes from? B/c whoever provided the info on the Razr and Razr Maxx either 1) made some false assumptions, or 2) was given bad info themselves.

We'll see tomorrow on the Rezound - but at least the Rezound has some other circumstantial evidence that point to tomorrow being a possibility.

Captmilk

Reaction score
Here's my 2cents....I think Moto was set to soak the ICS leak we all got...But after everyone cheese-caked the hell out of it and reported all the minor bugs Moto pulled it and gave us the 6.12.181[FONT=DroidSansRegular, Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif] OTA until they could fix these minor issues.....My opinion[/FONT]

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious, do you know where that info comes from? B/c whoever provided the info on the Razr and Razr Maxx either 1) made some false assumptions, or 2) was given bad info themselves.

We'll see tomorrow on the Rezound - but at least the Rezound has some other circumstantial evidence that point to tomorrow being a possibility.
Yes. All of our updates come from our corporate offices. They also give updates on prices, ads, and tons of other things. They have a lot that they cover in our system but usually they are pretty accurate.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. All of our updates come from our corporate offices. They also give updates on prices, ads, and tons of other things. They have a lot that they cover in our system but usually they are pretty accurate.

I'm really not trying to pick on Best Buy, I'm just a fanatic when it comes to facts vs. rumors, truth vs. hype, all that kind of stuff. I love both of my local Best Buys, the people there have always been great to work with, and I'd go there vs. a Verizon store (at least my local ones) any day.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the thing is, Best Buy doesn't go by rumors. We're given word from the companies and suppliers so if they change something, they have to let Best Buy know. Obviously, they let us know a little late but our information is usually spot on. We make mistakes of course, but usually we're good with releases and things of that nature. When I go to work next week, I'll see if there is any update on the ICS releases and let you all know.

jjeo

Reaction score
I was in our local verizon store last Thursday and the rep told me that ics was due out this week for the razr & maxx so I'm assuming Best Buy isn't the only one that recieved that information.

I had an old old rom on my droid 1 and my new razr maxx will keep me happy til ics comes out.

jeppes

Reaction score
Is there any update coming for the razr soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reaction score
I don't see moto putting out a properly working ICS update within the next millennium :D