[LEAK] Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx ICS Delayed, Best Buy Screenshot

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last week an image from Best Buy's internal systems showed that the Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx update to Android 4.0 were due to be pushed on April 4th. As we all know, it's now April 5th and RAZR/Maxx owners are still without the update. So what happened? According to a Best Buy tipster the updates have been delayed and he/she provided a screenshot. The tipster did not mention when the updates would be pushing out and there was also no mention or why it was delayed.

What's interesting to note is that the Rezound's update has not been cancelled, so we will see if this screenshot holds any water. There always seems to be controversy surrounding Android OS upgrades and things have not changed with ICS. It's coming, it's not, it's due then, it's been delayed. A good rule of thumb is to never believe the first 4-5 rumors that make the rounds. Nine times out of ten they are never right. What say you? Legit screenshot, or is someone trying to cover their buttocks?

Via: Phonedog
  2. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

doubt it.. but time will tell ICS will be 3rd quarter on rezound or razor my guess
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I dont know rezound users are playing with the leaked version (which looks very well like the final product). I betting the rezound is not to far off from ics... In fact most rooted rezound users have been playing with a stable ics since mid February.
  4. ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku Member

Could be a side-effect of the thousands of people who flooded the Dev/Staging servers a couple days ago using the Cheesecake app. There's a way to install that very leak (6.14.75) without using Moto's servers now, so I am actually fairly unconcerned with this delay.
  5. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

The Rezound could still be true. The Razr/Maxx info was just flat wrong to begin with, and whoever posted that on Best Buy is probably just covering their behind now. ;) It's all over the place that the current soak test which was supposed to start today is a GB patch, not ICS. The Rezound, however, matches up with HTC's said timeframe, or pretty close to it - plus, as pc stated, there's been a leak for that floating around for awhile, and that leak was supposedly tagged as a release candidate.
  6. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

hope i am wrong .. that would make a lot of (stock) rezound users happy.
  7. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Exactly. The announcement was likely only for the Rezound, and Best Buy just doesn't want to admit they screwed up.

And I wouldn't really expect ICS for at least a couple of months. Any sooner than that, they wouldn't have bothered with the GB update.
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

HTC phones have or are nearing launch with ics.. The Rezound could get it first.

The thing is ics for the RAZR looks so much like stock it may be easier to update than the Rezound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. droidshot®

droidshot® New Member

Well for me, I really don't care. My Razr is working great and taking awesome pictures. I don't want some update that might mess up my phone!
  10. ExodusC

ExodusC New Member

I hope the Rezound rumor is true, just because I have a friend with a Rezound and I would love to see what the official ICS will be like on it.
  11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I have a Rezound too...and I was gonna try to switch it out. Might hold on to it just to see. But...the one I have or the sim card needs to be exchanged. Hopefully exchanges fix it.
  12. pc747

I love my rezound. Screenshots below of all the ics love.

View attachment 48924

View attachment 48925

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Forum Runner
  13. pc747

The first pic is me using the blur ics launcher... the second is apex launcher on top of sense 3.6 ics.
  14. blacksoxing

blacksoxing Member

THIS....THIS....IS THE MOST REFRESHING COMMENT I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET IN WEEKS!!!!

When I have casual conversations w/phone users, they usually say such things like that.

"Eh, I like how my phone is right now. I don't really want updates unless it improves my battery..."

On the internet though?

"WHERE'S MY ICS!?!?!? UGH I HATE HTC/MOTO/SAMSUNG!!! *Goes into hissy fit mode**

It's nice to see a regular comment.
  15. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Eh, Best Buy isn't covering for anything. The info we receive in our system is technically supposed to be private information so when we're wrong, it's not supposed to matter. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.
  16. jntdroid

Just curious, do you know where that info comes from? B/c whoever provided the info on the Razr and Razr Maxx either 1) made some false assumptions, or 2) was given bad info themselves.

We'll see tomorrow on the Rezound - but at least the Rezound has some other circumstantial evidence that point to tomorrow being a possibility.
  17. Captmilk

Captmilk New Member

Here's my 2cents....I think Moto was set to soak the ICS leak we all got...But after everyone cheese-caked the hell out of it and reported all the minor bugs Moto pulled it and gave us the 6.12.181[FONT=DroidSansRegular, Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif] OTA until they could fix these minor issues.....My opinion[/FONT]
  18. Arkbird

Yes. All of our updates come from our corporate offices. They also give updates on prices, ads, and tons of other things. They have a lot that they cover in our system but usually they are pretty accurate.
  19. jntdroid

I'm really not trying to pick on Best Buy, I'm just a fanatic when it comes to facts vs. rumors, truth vs. hype, all that kind of stuff. I love both of my local Best Buys, the people there have always been great to work with, and I'd go there vs. a Verizon store (at least my local ones) any day.
  20. Arkbird

Well the thing is, Best Buy doesn't go by rumors. We're given word from the companies and suppliers so if they change something, they have to let Best Buy know. Obviously, they let us know a little late but our information is usually spot on. We make mistakes of course, but usually we're good with releases and things of that nature. When I go to work next week, I'll see if there is any update on the ICS releases and let you all know.
Search tags for this page

adr6425lvw