[RUMOR] Android 2.3 = Gingerbread

kpenning

Reaction score
We've all been saying Android's next version, Gingerbread will be 3.0. But, new evidence suggests it is not 3.0.

Gingerbread is Android 2.3 &raquo BriefMobile

Android Gingerbread is likely version 2.3 as a Google engineer on the Security Team called it 2.3 in a support response on Google's code site for Android.

Also, his response to the guy's support indicates that the Nexus One will indeed receive the upgrade! Not that we thought it wouldn't, but confirmation is always nice. :cool:

Do you guys think it'll be 3.0, 2.5, 2.3? Or what?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think 3.0 will be saved for something greater

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
K

kpenning

Reaction score
I think 3.0 will be saved for something greater

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

I think so too. If you've seen the video and details from Phandroid's leaker, you'll know that not much seems to have changed. Everything looks very similar... 3.0 is probably Honeycomb.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've heard elsewhere 2.5 will be gingerbread and 3.0 honeycomb.....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard elsewhere 2.5 will be gingerbread and 3.0 honeycomb.....
I think it is fair to say - Only Nobody Knows -

OP
K

kpenning

Reaction score
If it is 2.3, it would be the first time Google actually went four-points in a row: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.

I was expecting them to skip around and throw a version 3 name on Gingerbread in order to make it sound more impressive.