Android 2.3 is Gingerbread - Confirmed!

kenbiz

Reaction score
Did you guys get this update? Why slacker radio? I saw it in the apps before. Why force it on me..lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We're both on Droid 1s while you have the Inc. And I'm pretty sure OTR there is running a ROM, just like me, so we don't get the OTAs anymore.

You could go ask/look in the Inc section.

bubbawv

Reaction score
I'm using a rooted Droid 1 (thanks to instructions via this board). Does the board plan on creating a rooted copy of gingerbread when it comes out?

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've always heard that Gingerbread requires atleast 1Ghz+ to function.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I posted a pretty good source that 2.3 is Gingerbread. Do you have anything proving otherwise?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only that doesn't make sense with GB being 2.3 is, as hook mentioned, the D2 is already running ver. 2.3.2.... so GB being 2.3 doesn't make any logical sense to me.

It would go against the way ver. #'s are assigned... it would be a step backwards chronologically.

Just an opinion/observation however... I've got nothing to back it on.

deputc26

Reaction score
Yeah the D2 running 2.3 muddies the waters, I actually thought that it had gingerbread for a few minutes before I was corrected. Whatever it is, I sincerely hope the UI is GPU accelerated.

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Well theres a system version and a android version I assume gingerbread will read "Android Version 2.3" not 2.2 which is what it is now. That's my guess

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
Well theres a system version and a android version I assume gingerbread will read "Android Version 2.3" not 2.2 which is what it is now. That's my guess

You are correct. I'm running 2.3.15 on my x and it definitely froyo

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've always heard that Gingerbread requires atleast 1Ghz+ to function.

That's not true. And neither is this thread. D2 is currently running 2.3.2. And it is not Gingerbread.

Only that doesn't make sense with GB being 2.3 is, as hook mentioned, the D2 is already running ver. 2.3.2.... so GB being 2.3 doesn't make any logical sense to me.

It would go against the way ver. #'s are assigned... it would be a step backwards chronologically.

Just an opinion/observation however... I've got nothing to back it on.

Guys, check the build number. If the build number is still 2.2.1 then you're running the same version of FroYo as everyone else. If the build is 2.3 then the rules change. :)

piemasta93

Reaction score
I'm saying that most likely the Gingerbread code will hit weeks before the official OTA push begins. The devs will probably have it up and running in their ROMs before the OTA push hits. Keep in mind; Gingerbread will hit the Nexus 1 first, and Motorola will have to shoehorn Blur into the mix before any kind of OTA push will begin.

they already have roms for gingerbread out. go do droid life and scroll down a little bit. i think it is only for the droid 1. it still has problem though. like what happend along time ago where the lights dont light up for the keyboard. no gps. brower is a b**** and you can use rom manager or quadrent standard. automaticaly fcs. but it really runs really smooth. when they come out with a offical it will be breath taking.
idk if anyone whats to know this but honeycomb is still 3.0 not 2.4dancedroiddancedroid