Android 2.3 is Gingerbread - Confirmed!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently, Engadget has found a confirmation that 2.3 is Gingerbread.

http://i.engadget.com/2010/11/08/open-handset-alliance-member-confirms-android-2-3-is-gingerbread/

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll be honest, it's a little upsetting. I was expecting a huge update.

detox

Reaction score
So of gingerbread comes out OTA, is it as simple as restoring stock 2.2 backup or would you have to sbf?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
I'm running rubiX 1.6 blackjuice. Would i have to flash back with that? What you're suggesting is to ride out with the 2.2 kernel until some customizations have been made?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm saying that most likely the Gingerbread code will hit weeks before the official OTA push begins. The devs will probably have it up and running in their ROMs before the OTA push hits. Keep in mind; Gingerbread will hit the Nexus 1 first, and Motorola will have to shoehorn Blur into the mix before any kind of OTA push will begin.

detox

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure more instruction will follow when it does arrive. All of this is pretty new to me. I just learned how to root two weeks ago and just joined the forums a week ago. Everyone here has been a great help. I appreciate all you guys do for us noobs

pandies

Reaction score
hello... a few questions..

I'm running rubiX 1.6 blackjuice. Would i have to flash back with that? What you're suggesting is to ride out with the 2.2 kernel until some customizations have been made?

i have rooted my DX.. how difficult is it to get the rom you are using.. and a theme on it... so hard to get help so thought i would ask you since you are running the rom ... i have bootstrap recovery and clockworkmod recovery on my x already...
any help is sooo appreciated...

detox

Reaction score
Its very simple. First you have to download rubix 1.6 zip and save it to root of SD card. Next, go ahead and download blackjuice 1.6 theme and do the same thing. Make sure you make a backup of what you are running now either in rom manager or in bootstrap. After you backup, wipe data and cache. After you wipe, install zip from SD card. Choose Rubix1.6.zip. after that is downloaded, you have to install zip from SD card once again. Choose blackjuice1.6(blue or green whichever you download) and install. Once complete, reboot and you should be good to go.

detox

Reaction score
If my answer is confusing you, there are YouTube tutorials of how to install custom roms. I highly recommend this rom. You can find the zip files on the Droid forums

pandies

Reaction score
If my answer is confusing you, there are YouTube tutorials of how to install custom roms. I highly recommend this rom. You can find the zip files on the Droid forums

i knew how to do all of that .. I had the Droid 1 ... just got the X.. a little frustrating.. lol... would I download onto my pc.. and then plug my phone in .. mount sd card? same as the D1? I have been tempted to return the X and go back to my D1.. but something about the X just fascinates me...
thanks for your help also.. much appreciated...

kenbiz

Reaction score
Just got a system update.. only difference I see is slacker radio.. checked settings still showed 2.2....is this it??