Google confirms Gingerbread

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Well the AOSP usually gets updated about a week or so after the SDK drops. So the Droid as well as other rooted devices should see an AOSP ROM before the month is out. For those not rooted/unwilling to root and awaiting an OTA you probably won't see anything until the end of Q1/2011 the earliest.

I'm not sure but I think the 2.2 SDK dropped about a month or more before the source was released.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well the AOSP usually gets updated about a week or so after the SDK drops. So the Droid as well as other rooted devices should see an AOSP ROM before the month is out. For those not rooted/unwilling to root and awaiting an OTA you probably won't see anything until the end of Q1/2011 the earliest.

I'm not sure but I think the 2.2 SDK dropped about a month or more before the source was released.

You may be right. I do vaguely remember a 2.2 build running on something though a week or so after the SDK dropped.

maxohkc

Reaction score

I thought the Source dropped the day they announced it. When they had the google conference and introduced it, it was on the nexus one the next day or that week. that could have been the SDK, but whatever... Lets hope your wrong haha

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The source was released at the conference when they announced the release of the source. The SDK was released earlier when they announced the release of it...which I believe was a few weeks prior to the source release announcement. It may have been longer than a month....I know they weren't a week apart.

I thought the Source dropped the day they announced it. When they had the google conference and introduced it, it was on the nexus one the next day or that week. that could have been the SDK, but whatever... Lets hope your wrong haha

Sent from my GTab...