Google confirms Gingerbread

J

JohnDroid

[video=youtube;Jx3pdWBlZ34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3pdWBlZ34]YouTube - Android 2.3 Official Video[/video]

Google has made an official post on the blog confirming Gingerbread which will slot in at version 2.3. You can download the SDK/NDK already at the following URL: Gingerbread SDK/NDK. Google is touting Gingerbread as the fastest version of Android yet and also lists the following improvements and refinements:

• User Interface Refinements
  • NFC Support (Near-Field Communications)
  • New Keyboard & Text Selection Tool
  • Internet (VoIP/SIP) Calling
  • Improved Copy/Paste Functionality
  • Gyroscope Sensor Support

For the complete list of highlights and more information, check out the following link: Gingerbread/Android 2.3 release.

joker402

Reaction score
Now we wait.... I just want the UI enhancements on my X thats all.....

captclueless

Reaction score
All I wanna know is when do we find out if the Droid 1 is gonna get it. If it's not, I may upgrade my phone to something new.

OP
D

dankarlinski

i dont think the D1 will be offically updated anymore. the processor is a bit too slow for what is desired in the new builds. i may be wrong tho....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if we (original Droid owners) don't officially get G/B - we will for sure unofficially get it :wink:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if we (original Droid owners) don't officially get G/B - we will for sure unofficially get it :wink:

hell yea!

i just don't get why the nexus always gets updates first.. last I checked it wasn't the most popular or most used... maybe they're just test dummies

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DanielC

Reaction score

hell yea!

i just don't get why the nexus always gets updates first.. last I checked it wasn't the most popular or most used... maybe they're just test dummies

You're joking right? *Facepalm*

dbuglio

Reaction score
I am giving it 48 hours before the droid 1 has a working 2.3 ROM.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus is a Google Developer Device - I would expect it to be on the cutting edge as far as O/S updates are concerned

666ogre666

Reaction score
hell yea!

Do you even know what the Nexus 1 is?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I am giving it 48 hours before the droid 1 has a working 2.3 ROM.
I'd give it a lot longer than that.

They have only released the SDK so far, not the source code.

You can build your apps to work with Gingerbread with the SDK....but we still need source to build the ROMs.