Ruby to come next week

animal67

Reaction score
what kernels will this rom be able to use
I'm thinking of getting the droid incredible moving from the droid 1
will ruby support 720 video

You'll love it. A friend of mine has the droid 1 and recently switched to the Dinc....he's in heaven now! Go for it!dancedroid

sucker4pa1n

Reaction score
any update on ruby cvpcs?
also i noticed i mean its a vanilla rom( no sense) are things like the gallery and music going to path to the right areas cause i noticed when i had sky raider its also a vanilla rom , that since incredible has internal and external i couldnt access one of the drives in the music or gallery. think it was only showing me sd card stuff where as majority of the stuff was being saved to internal.

^ im sure all that seems like im dumb and could simpley change where things are being saved but im curious if it will pick up on both storages?

This is an AOSP build, which SkyRaider is *not*. SkyRaider is basically the stock HTC Sense ROM, but he went through and removed anything and everything he could from the original ROM that related to Sense. He then put things in to replace it with what would make it a more vanilla experience. The only TRUE vanilla ROMs out there right now are CM6, and IncredibleDoes. Ruby will be the third installment of AOSP for our beloved DIncs.

As far as the drive mapping is concerned, I'm not entirely sure - it'll depend on how he chooses to handle the internal memory in code. I *think* CM6.0.1 has the internal memory mapped, but I could be mistaken on this. And I'm going to guess that when IncredibleDoes releases his V1 it'll have emmc and sdcard support.

If the apps themselves don't recognize internal memory, that's a problem for the app developer *unless* that was also compiled from source when developing the ROM. In which case, the ROM chef has the option (if they feel like trying it out) to add in support for internal memory as well. Otherwise you'd have to contact the app developer and ask them.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Should be released either tonight or tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive talked to the dev and have been running the rom for about a week now.

dnoyeb

Reaction score
I just hope they don't have the weird bugs that cm6 has... I really wanted to run that one but had way too many issues with it.

guess we'll find out here soon...

J

jdkoreclipse

How is it looking Doug? Getting close to a stable release yet? What issues have you had thus far? Thanks!

i have been running the beta as well and there are some bugs (camera gps led notifications mms) but it is the only pure vanilla rom there is....and im sure these bugs were fixed in the official release

animal67

Reaction score

How is it looking Doug? Getting close to a stable release yet? What issues have you had thus far? Thanks!

i have been running the beta as well and there are some bugs (camera gps led notifications mms) but it is the only pure vanilla rom there is....and im sure these bugs were fixed in the official release

Cool....cant wait! Will there be a Ruby for sense as well?

techmouse

Reaction score
do we have to get it from rom manager?

They have posted the files here. You will need to download both files and install them via recovery. Just remember to backup you phone with nandroid then wipe your data & cache before installing the files via recovery. They are aware of some problems. They will be working on it & expect a update sometime in the future.