Ruby to come next week

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey all!

Just letting people know that great progress has been made on Ruby (the equivalent of Sapphire for the Incredible). Below is a link to a youtube video of it running beautifully :)

[video=youtube;bd6t7jvT2ok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6t7jvT2ok[/video]

Expect an official release around mid next week!

inessi

Reaction score
is this built off your sapphire source for the droid 1 or was this one built from the ground up as well to accomodate the dinc?

any spoilers as to what to expect from ruby ? what i mean by that anything that may make it stand out from other roms?

OP
cvpcs

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
is this built off your sapphire source for the droid 1 or was this one built from the ground up as well to accomodate the dinc?

This is using the same framework source as sapphire, as the framework portion of the code is cross-platform and will work on any device.

The lower-level part of it (i.e. hardware interfacing or device setup) have been completely built from the ground up similar to sapphire's device setup.

any spoilers as to what to expect from ruby ? what i mean by that anything that may make it stand out from other roms?

you can expect anything that you would expect to find in sapphire. my goal is that the GEM experience be as common across ROMs as possible. of course there will be device specific changes such as video encoding quality and whatnot, but overall if you take a look at the changelog for sapphire, you can expect to see a lot of the same there.

for instance there will be compcache, AudioDSP, built-in overclocking, battery percentages, reboot menu, scriptybox, etc.

in my opinion honestly i prefer to recommend that people just try it when it comes out :D every ROM is unique and it's hard to really talk one up over the other as they all have their strong points.

ryblock

Reaction score
Does the internal storage mount in a usuable fashion? If not it may be time to get a 32g card

sent from my Dink

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Great news for Incredible owners....

They are in for a treat.

Enjoy guys and girls

OP
cvpcs

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Does the internal storage mount in a usuable fashion? If not it may be time to get a 32g card

sent from my Dink

sadly this release will only support the default AOSP mode, i.e. it expects an SD card to be present. i will look into this for a future release but it will be a bit of an effort to get that functionality back in there.

inessi

Reaction score
as expected nothing but great news, just was looking for a lil more fun info to be tossed around and you sure did it.

looking forward to it enjoyed your work on d1 and now that im stuck on the dinc maybe your rom will make it a bit more useable for meh lol

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its booted and running perfectly. Smooth and wifi sticks. NO sense and this is freaking awesome.

inessi

Reaction score
lucky you i want a beta build haha , actually not really just went back to stock for the ota for now but looking forward to it ferrrr sure. wanna see how this stock 2.2 handles first though

ryblock

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I really only use the internal now for apps (2.2 uses it for a2sd). I know on the cyanogen rom people had found a way to mount it, but you could only use it for storage through root explorer or astro.

Looking forward to this release! I used the sapphire roms on my droid and found them to be excellent. I have no doubts this will be the same.

sent from my Dink

Rhino413

Reaction score
@cvpcs

what kernels will this rom be able to use
I'm thinking of getting the droid incredible moving from the droid 1
will ruby support 720 video

inessi

Reaction score
any update on ruby cvpcs?
also i noticed i mean its a vanilla rom( no sense) are things like the gallery and music going to path to the right areas cause i noticed when i had sky raider its also a vanilla rom , that since incredible has internal and external i couldnt access one of the drives in the music or gallery. think it was only showing me sd card stuff where as majority of the stuff was being saved to internal.

^ im sure all that seems like im dumb and could simpley change where things are being saved but im curious if it will pick up on both storages?

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Wow I can't wait to flash this!!!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:King'sKernel#3 OC to 1.2 GHZ - ULowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid: