rubiX Focused on .340 OTA

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
According to P3droid via twitter, looks like tbh has an sbf for the ota .340. No word on if its full or system.

Also, looks like it'll only be available from their paid app, for now at least.

I saw that. Good enough for me. I haven't used their leaks, but I was happy to toss a few bucks their way for their app, as they do provide an immense service to the community.

I'm about to flash your DXTweaks.zip onto .340 (thanks for that, BTW!). Hopefully I won't need TBH's SBF!

One thing real quick, that dxtweaks.zip file does contain a tweaked build.prop file, so I recommend either removing it before you run it, or make a backup of the original (or it's values). You don't want to have your shiny new .340 saying its plane old 2.3.15 now do you?

Ha! Yes, I merged that info into the build.prop. thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ab2388

Reaction score
Hi, SBFing right now to 2.3.15 to get the OTA. Quick question, what is this dxtweaks.zip you guys are talking about? And where can I get it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, SBFing right now to 2.3.15 to get the OTA. Quick question, what is this dxtweaks.zip you guys are talking about? And where can I get it?

Thanks!

wondering that too now....

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!

OTA is pretty much suspended right now. General consensus is that a small batch went out to get feedback, and it'll be re-released next week sometime.

That dxtweaks.zip file is not usefull if you are on rubix. It's basically a file I created by just extracting the memory and cpu tweaks that drod puts in his rom so they can be applied to a stock device.

I've attached it here if you'd like it. Here's what it has:
  • cpu frequency tweaks dynamically adjusted based on your clock speed
  • stock voltage with very minumal undervolt applied
  • virtual memory and task management tweaks
  • build.prop tweaks
  • misc adjustments to memory management

teh_g

Reaction score
So did anyone grab the updates.zip file? Is there a simply path to the new OTA with rubiX installed?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
According to P3droid via twitter, looks like tbh has an sbf for the ota .340. No word on if its full or system.

Also, looks like it'll only be available from their paid app, for now at least.

Hmm bought there app just to get this and can not seem to find it anywhere on there...... Hmmmmm lol :icon_evil:

Fate0n3

Reaction score
OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
OMG! plower.net's DXTweaks.zip file bricked my phone! I'm totally FUBAR! I installed the .340 test OTA last night and there's no SBF! Plus, there's smoke curling out from my DX, and a deep, menacing demon growl emanating from it's innards!

CURSE YOU, plower.net! CURSE YOU!!!

I'm kidding. Everything seems to be flying. Hard to really notice the speed increase through all the Blur on stock -- will have to freeze some apps and reinstall Autostarts ASAP.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OMG! plower.net's DXTweaks.zip file bricked my phone! I'm totally FUBAR! I installed the .340 test OTA last night and there's no SBF! Plus, there's smoke curling out from my DX, and a deep, menacing demon growl emanating from it's innards!

I'm kidding. Everything seems to be flying. Hard to really notice the speed increase through all the Blur on stock -- will have to freeze some apps and reinstall Autostarts ASAP.

Damn you jdhas. I read the first part and was like Oh crap, then I kept ready and that changed to "what an a$$". Then I kept reading and it changed to an LOL.

Glad it didn't kill your phone. Score one for me :icon_ banana:

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Damn you jdhas. I read the first part and was like Oh crap, then I kept ready and that changed to "what an a$$". Then I kept reading and it changed to an LOL.

I'm totally going to perpetuate this rumor because it's funny.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You all are just jealous because I've got a custom made honeycomb rom running on my X already. I'll never share it, so don't even ask.

It also allows me to overclock to 6.5 ghz running at super low voltage. I did have to conquer the demon :icon_evil: within the phone before this was available, but if you find his weakness it's not that bad at all.

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score

You all are just jealous because I've got a custom made honeycomb rom running on my X already. I'll never share it, so don't even ask.

It also allows me to overclock to 6.5 ghz running at super low voltage. I did have to conquer the demon :icon_evil: within the phone before this was available, but if you find his weakness it's not that bad at all.

Don't forget about the Flux Capacitor you spliced up to the Car Dock, so that when you plug your suped-up DX in and get that baby up to 88 MPH, the sparks start to fly and BAM! ... you're in 1955.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
according to p3, the changes are minimal. the leak version of focused should flash just fine.