rubiX Focused on .340 OTA

jacksradio

Reaction score
Is there a REALLY good reason for getting the OTA update? If all your gonna do is accept the update then re root the phone and install rubix whats the point? Am I missing something?

chefb

Reaction score
No.....we'll maybe football. If your patient then the pros in here will hook up somthing taste for your dx

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is there a REALLY good reason for getting the OTA update? If all your gonna do is accept the update then re root the phone and install rubix whats the point? Am I missing something?

The reason would be that depending on the changes built into the update, new versions of rubix will require it. This is true from this point forward if you did not install the leak. I'm not sure that Drod would continue to develop for the older 2.3.15 build anymore.

Just a quick note, on .340, the new vibration of the phone is tripping me out.:icon_eek:

teh_g

Reaction score
OK, so does the TBH app have an SBF that will get me from rubiX 1.9 to stock? I want to have a plan for when the new rubiX comes out that requires 340.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK, so does the TBH app have an SBF that will get me from rubiX 1.9 to stock? I want to have a plan for when the new rubiX comes out that requires 340.

Are you on the leak?

If so, according to tbh, to get from leak to .340 ota
  • Install the leak zip to .320, if not already done
  • use their .340 system sbf
  • done

I think thats about it. The .zip leak to .320 contains the new bootloader. Since the bootloader for .340 is the same as it was in .320, the system only sbf for .340 will take you to the same as the ota .340.

I wasn't able to find the .340 sbf from tbh, but I didn't look very hard either.

If you are not on the leak, then you just need to restore a nandroid or do the froyo sbf that's been out forever, then do the ota update to .340.

I think all of this, with the exception of maybe the .340 sbf is available at mydroidworld without their app. You might ask over there, or check the existing posts for more details.

teh_g

Reaction score

Are you on the leak?

If so, according to tbh, to get from leak to .340 ota
  • Install the leak zip to .320, if not already done
  • use their .340 system sbf
  • done

I think thats about it. The .zip leak to .320 contains the new bootloader. Since the bootloader for .340 is the same as it was in .320, the system only sbf for .340 will take you to the same as the ota .340.

I wasn't able to find the .340 sbf from tbh, but I didn't look very hard either.

If you are not on the leak, then you just need to restore a nandroid or do the froyo sbf that's been out forever, then do the ota update to .340.

I think all of this, with the exception of maybe the .340 sbf is available at mydroidworld without their app. You might ask over there, or check the existing posts for more details.

I am on .15. I have managed to avoid sbf for a while, but I guess I will have to look into it once drod requires us to be on .340

mcp770

Reaction score
Just to make sure my ducks were in a row (took ten minutes) I sbf'ed the full .320 sbf from tbh. When that was done I the sbf'ed the .340 system only file. You then have to install the z4root apk to your sd card cuz its off the market and reroot the phone. Then I simply reflashed Rubix 1.90 and installed the black juice theme. Once done everything is great and because Drod makes the market recognize the right rom it actually downloads your apps unlike using tranquility or running stock .340 which removes market data for some reason.

ab2388

Reaction score
So is the .340 OTA available now? I sbfed yesterday to .15, did system update and it said that I was up to date.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So is the .340 OTA available now? I sbfed yesterday to .15, did system update and it said that I was up to date.

Yeah, it came out for a short while early yesterday. Presumably for a small batch of test users.

It's available to download from several location so that you can run it manually.

I've got it in my dropbox account here. If that's not working, just search google or the other popular android forums/blogs and you'll find it.

mcp770

Reaction score
Some people have been getting the update pushed. Some like myself don't have the patience and have used leaks and SBF files to get there a little quicker or had to because of being on prior leaks without doing my...i mean our proper research. Either way all is good and I havent noticed any improvement with the 340 software honestly. However I do believe the 340 OTA file is out there if you want to just flash it.

sruel3216

Reaction score
yup i also can confirm rubix 1.9 leak works on .340

this is very nice cuz i forgot how ****ty the droid x is stock

sruel3216

Reaction score
Just to make sure my ducks were in a row (took ten minutes) I sbf'ed the full .320 sbf from tbh. When that was done I the sbf'ed the .340 system only file. You then have to install the z4root apk to your sd card cuz its off the market and reroot the phone. Then I simply reflashed Rubix 1.90 and installed the black juice theme. Once done everything is great and because Drod makes the market recognize the right rom it actually downloads your apps unlike using tranquility or running stock .340 which removes market data for some reason.

hmm my market didnt load. everything else is working tho

marcfogel

Reaction score
If you SBF to 3.320 then upgraade to 3.340 will you ever be able to do a verizon ota upgrade again?

my plan was to sbf back to 3.15 do a verizon OTA to 3.340, when available, root and backup then apply rubix.