rubiX Focused on .340 OTA

jdhas

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but, hypothetically speaking, is someone was on the .340 "test" OTA from VZW, would such a person be safe installing the "leak" version of rubiX Focused 1.9.0?

Hypothetically speaking....

btdownloads7

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, that person should post the update.zip file so that all the ROM chefs (including drod2169) can create a custom ROM from that base.

Droid74

Reaction score
hypothetically the answer is yes....however I'd wait for confirmation. Im sure Drod will answer that question in short order

Greg_droid

Reaction score
Are you sure the answer is yes? What if something changed between the leak and the OTA?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I heard the ota was coming out last night at midnight, so first thing this morning I checked for update....

Update found. dancedroid

But when it went to install, it failed. I've reverted all my .bak apk's and my phone is close to stock. I was about to try again, but now it says my phone is up to date. WTF, system numbers haven't changed. I'm gonna try factory reset, then check again.

Just wondering if anyone got the OTA for real and if it was successful?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread :)

Droid74

Reaction score
I heard the ota was coming out last night at midnight, so first thing this morning I checked for update....

Update found. dancedroid

But when it went to install, it failed. I've reverted all my .bak apk's and my phone is close to stock. I was about to try again, but now it says my phone is up to date. WTF, system numbers haven't changed. I'm gonna try factory reset, then check again.

Before I go to this OTA I will be doing an SBF to make sure I have all the correct files. You may want to try that.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Update found. dancedroid

Before I go to this OTA I will be doing an SBF to make sure I have all the correct files. You may want to try that.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that, but with all my backup skillz, it's not really a big deal so I probably will..

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score

Update found. dancedroid

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that, but with all my backup skillz, it's not really a big deal so I probably will..

Your backup skills have failed you for the last time....

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, that person should post the update.zip file so that all the ROM chefs (including drod2169) can create a custom ROM from that base.

Damint, I with I had retained the foresight to have done this last night, but it sounds like other folks are having the update pushed through, anyways...! dancedroid

PS - I very easily rooted with z4root, but did have to tweak my build.prop to be able to download protected apps from the Market.

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
.340 update is live and has a differnt kernel then .320
the only diffince that I see is the kernel from .320
System: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android: 2.2.1
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1, w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1
ERI: 5
PRL: 52105

Credit: TranQuility 3.5.1: As Blurry as you want it to be or not.

Greg_droid

Reaction score
Are you sure the answer is yes? What if something changed between the leak and the OTA?

I suggest you reread what I wrote and answer your own question.

Ah ha, you are correct. I thought your post was giving misinformation when in fact it was giving no information. - much like this post ;)

My apologies.

So what does this mean in regards to rubix leaked?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
could they have pulled the ota update? Like I said, I was able to try and run it earlier, and now it says that I'm up to date.

This may be more frustrating than the leaked version :)

Droid74

Reaction score

I suggest you reread what I wrote and answer your own question.

Ah ha, you are correct. I thought your post was giving misinformation when in fact it was giving no information. - much like this post ;)

My apologies.

So what does this mean in regards to rubix leaked?

Clearly you are uninformed and clueless. This is a HYPOTHETICAL post and the answer was given as such.