PATCH — Focused 1.9.0 update to 2.3.340

akiles

Reaction score
This is "kind of" off topic...
Here is the question: every time I flash a ROM and need to wipe data and cache, I start with a "brand new" phone. Does anyone know if there is an app where you can store your settings? -ring tone, use gvoice to send txt by default, gtalk notification sounds, etc? I found one (Display System Settings) that will give you some system settings but you can change it.
Maybe someone has a script for this? -if it can be done?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Here is the question: every time I flash a ROM and need to wipe data and cache, I start with a "brand new" phone. Does anyone know if there is an app where you can store your settings? -ring tone, use gvoice to send txt by default, gtalk notification sounds, etc? I found one (Display System Settings) that will give you some system settings but you can change it.

Titanium Backup can store this information, but sometimes you'll have problems when restoring data from one ROM to another...

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Titanium Backup can store this information, but sometimes you'll have problems when restoring data from one ROM to another...

Careful with restoring apps using TiBackup on focused. Be sure to do apps one by one rather than batch since some system apps reside in the apps part of TiBackup.

Droid74

Reaction score

Careful with restoring apps using TiBackup on focused. Be sure to do apps one by one rather than batch since some system apps reside in the apps part of TiBackup.

Nah...The only issues is when you restore apps with data or apps and system apps...that will screw you. When you back up just back up USER APPS and when you restore restore the USER APPS without data and you will be golden.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh, not so true you can only restore apps or system apps in donate version and some apps are blur apk's. To each his own.

Droid74

Reaction score
Eh, not so true you can only restore apps or system apps in donate version and some apps are blur apk's. To each his own.

Well I don't know what the free version of titanium does if thats what you are referring to. But the donate version does do exactly what i said above.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have donate as well and they aren't called user apps. Look through the apps you can restore and you'll see blur apks

Droid74

Reaction score
I have donate as well and they aren't called user apps. Look through the apps you can restore and you'll see blur apks

Im not arguing with you on how an app works (you can use it however you want, just dont give bad information to others). They are called USER apps so I would suggest you take another look at it. It just calls it APPS when restoring but everywhere else in the batch section it is called USER.

But if anyone wants to use Titanium backup to restore your apps I suggest that you follow the instructions I explained above.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't give bad info. Using TiBackup on focused to restore apps is a known issue and can cause problems with the rom.

Droid74

Reaction score
I don't give bad info. Using TiBackup on focused to restore apps is a known issue and can cause problems with the rom.

Its only an issue when you restore SYSTEM APPS and USER APPS with data. Otherwise there is no problem what so ever to use Titanium with Focused. Just restore USER APPS without data. This is how I do it and many others do it...including Drod himself (he stated this in a different thread about this very topic)

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Sorry to ask a question Im sure has been answered but I would like to get an answer for me personally. I am confused by all the different numbers so first thing is to give my phone details. My phone reads: system version-version 2.3.15 Android version is 2.2.1 Kernel version 2.6.32.9. My goal is to get up to date so that I can keep using the newest versions of rubix, and get ready for gingerbread. I am currently rooted and using Rubix 1.9 non-leak. Root and rubix is all I have done. What is the easiest safest way to get Up to date, whatever that may be? I suppose its 2.340? I do have a back up I made with bootstrapper that is just root with no rom and it was done with z4.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a stock rom, you can flash back to it, restore all bloatware, odex using 928Droid back to stock odex (to be safe), then once all that is done, remove bootstrap in root explorer.

akiles

Reaction score
So, I was feeling on top of the world with having rubix 1.9 patched since Sunday night.
Today, I got a connection error while browsing the market. I tried again and saw that the signal bars had a flashing "x" and no bars. I turned the phone off, and pulled out the batt. Same thing. I tried making a call and I got this msg saying that the phone was in airplane mode. So I went to the settings and every time I tried to open Wireless Network it did not respond (as if the app ad crashed and took me back to the prev menu).

Finally got it and before I had a chance to turned airplane mode off, I noticed that it was cycling (on and off -probably looking for signal?). I even restored a backup I had made right after making the rom and nothing... still, in airplane mode...

Any ideas?

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
So, I was feeling on top of the world with having rubix 1.9 patched since Sunday night.
Today, I got a connection error while browsing the market. I tried again and saw that the signal bars had a flashing "x" and no bars. I turned the phone off, and pulled out the batt. Same thing. I tried making a call and I got this msg saying that the phone was in airplane mode. So I went to the settings and every time I tried to open Wireless Network it did not respond (as if the app ad crashed and took me back to the prev menu).

Finally got it and before I had a chance to turned airplane mode off, I noticed that it was cycling (on and off -probably looking for signal?). I even restored a backup I had made right after making the rom and nothing... still, in airplane mode...

Any ideas?

What theme/mods are installed?
Signal issues are almost always theme related, or framework related.

Best bet, is to install Focused again (no wipe of data/cache).. hopefully will fix... assuming it was a theme that isn't compatible with Focused)...